If you are in:
- Taiwan and access services from Carousell which are focused on Taiwan, please refer to our Terms of Service for Taiwan; and
- Malaysia and access services from Carousell which are focused on Malaysia, please refer to our Terms of Service for Malaysia.
These Terms of Service (“Terms”) govern your use of the websites, mobile applications and services (collectively, the “Services”) provided by Carousell (as defined below).
These Terms applies to all users of the Services, including without limitation users who are sellers, buyers, merchants, or contributors of content, information and other materials. If you are entering into this agreement for and on behalf of a business entity, and the term “you” in this agreement shall mean the business entity on whose behalf you are using the Services, unless the context does not permit.
These Terms are between you and Carousell Pte. Ltd or between you and any different service provider identified for a particular Service. For ease of reference, each of Carousell Pte. Ltd. and its subsidiaries are referred to in these Terms as “Carousell”.
By using the Services in any manner, including but not limited to visiting or browsing the Services, you agree to observe and be bound by these Terms and the additional terms and conditions and policies referenced herein and/or available by hyperlink.
Carousell reserves the right to change or modify these Terms at any time. You will be deemed to have agreed to the amended Terms by your continued use of the Services following the date on which the amended Terms are posted here.
If you have any questions, please refer to our Help Centre.
2. Use of the Services
Subject to your compliance with these Terms, Carousell grants you a limited, non-exclusive, revocable (with or without cause), non-transferable right and license to use the Services.
You shall use the Services in accordance with these Terms and shall not:
- Upload any Content (as defined below) that violates or infringes another party’s rights of publicity, privacy, copyright, trademark or any other intellectual property right.
- Copy, decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble, attempt to derive the source code of, decrypt, interfere with, or disrupt the integrity or the performance of the Services.
- Make any modification, adaptation, improvement, enhancement, translation or derivative work from the Services.
- Violate any applicable laws, rules or regulations in connection with your access or use of the Services.
- Use the Services in violation of or to circumvent any sanctions or embargo.
- Remove, alter or obscure any proprietary notice (including any notice of copyright and trademark) of Carousell or its affiliates, partners, suppliers or licensors.
- Use the Services for any purpose for which it is not designed or intended.
- Use the Services to create or promote a product, service or software that is, directly or indirectly, competitive with or in any way a substitute for the Services or any services, product or software offered by Carousell.
- Use any proprietary information or interfaces of Carousell or any other intellectual property of Carousell in the design, development, manufacture, licensing or distribution of any application, accessories or devices for use with the Services.
- Use the Services to send, post, or otherwise communicate any Content which is offensive, indecent, threatening, abusive, insulting, harassing, defamatory, libellous, deceptive, fraudulent, tortious, obscene, profane, invasive of another person’s privacy, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable.
- Use the Services to send automated, unsolicited or unauthorised messages, advertising or promotional material or any junk mail, spam or chain letters.
- Upload to, or transmit through the Services any data, file, software or link that contains or redirects to a virus, Trojan horse, worm or other harmful components.
- Use any scraper, robot, bot, spider, crawler or any other automated device or means to access, acquire, copy or monitor any portion of the Services, or any data or content found or access through the Services.
- Collect any information in respect of other users without their consent.
- Commit any act to avoid paying any applicable fees and/or charges.
- Attempt to and/or engage in any activity or act that is intended to abuse, abuses or inappropriately manipulates any promotion, campaign and/or discount codes offered through the Services. Such act and activities include but are not limited to: creating fake or duplicate accounts; generating fake orders; buying and reselling your own inventory.
- Authorise or encourage anyone to do any of the foregoing.
Carousell reserves the right to claw back any cashbacks, prizes and/or amounts paid to you under any event, promotion, offers, campaign and any other activities and/or terminate or suspend your account, if you are subsequently found or suspected to be engaged in any activity or act that is in breach of these Terms, our guidelines, any additional terms and conditions and policies.
You would need to have an account with Carousell (“Account”) in order to use some parts of the Services. When you create an Account, you represent and warrant that:
- If you are an individual, you are at least 18 years of age.
- If you are representing a company, organisation or any other legal entity (“Entity”), you have authority to bind the Entity to these Terms.
- You are capable of entering into and performing legally binding contracts under applicable law.
- All information which you provide is accurate, up to date, truthful and complete.
If you are under 18 years of age, you may only use the Services with the consent of and under the supervision of your parent or legal guardian who shall be responsible for all your activities.
You are responsible for all activities and transactions under your Account. We will not be responsible in any way if your password and/or Account are misappropriated or used by a third party. You, therefore agree to:
- Keep your password secure.
- Keep your account information up to date at all times.
Unless expressly permitted by Carousell and subject to these Terms and any other additional terms as Carousell determines, you shall not set up multiple Accounts. You shall not lend, transfer or sell your Account or user ID to another party and must not use another user's Account without their permission.
3.1 Carousell Subscriptions
In addition, you may also claim, redeem and/or purchase subscriptions such as CarouBiz and Carousell Property (“Carousell Subscriptions”) for access and use of additional features and Services via a subscription service on or via any of the Platforms (as defined below) or any of the methods as may be made available on the Platforms or as may be notified to you from time to time.
Any such purchases shall be in accordance with Carousell’s prevailing subscription rules and fees which are as set out below or referenced herein by hyperlink, and forms a part of these Terms.
3.1.1 Carousell Property
You acknowledge and agree that:
- you must be a Singapore property agent and a part of an agency that has an existing partnership with Carousell, registered with the Council for Estate Agencies ("CEA") through your property agencies to subscribe for a Property Carousell Pro subscription and only one Property Carousell Pro subscription account is allowed per person.
Please be reminded that every licensed estate agent and registered salesperson (collectively, the "Salespersons") must act in accordance with the provisions of the Estate Agents Act 2010, the Estate Agents (Estate Agency Work) Regulations 2010 and the guidelines issued by the CEA.
In particular, any Salesperson who advertises a property is required to comply with the Practice Guidelines on Ethical Advertising and the Code of Ethics & Professional Client Care. Please visit www.cea.gov.sg for the full text of the relevant legislation, policies, standards and guidelines ("Applicable Laws"). It is important for all estate agencies and Salepersons to be well-versed with the Applicable Laws. It is an offence for any individual to carry out estate agency work without a valid registration
- Carousell reserves the right to amend, suspend and/or terminate all or any part of any Carousell Property subscription, its terms and conditions, the types of content or services offered on or via the Platforms, the subscription period and rates for such Carousell Property subscription. Carousell does not represent or warrant that the said additional features and Services will remain available as a feature of the Carousell Property subscription.
- Your subscription will continue and be renewed automatically on a monthly/yearly basis after the first month/year until you expressly instruct us that you wish to terminate your relevant Carousell Pro Subscription by providing us with written notice of non-renewal at least thirty (30) days’ before the expiration of the applicable current subscription period. All such notices should be made to email@example.com. Unless otherwise stated by Carousell, any renewal of your subscription will be on the then prevailing subscription terms thereof.
- Carousell does not represent or warrant that any features and Services will remain available as a and/or part of the Carousell Property subscription.
- You shall be bound by any specific terms governing payment, subscription fees, minimum subscription periods, entitlements to any gift or premium under any promotion, termination fees and delivery fees which are applicable to your Carousell Pro subscription, as set out in our application forms for the relevant subscription packages and payment terms you have selected.
- Your application for any Carousell Property subscription is subject to our acceptance. Carousell will try to process your Carousell Property subscription promptly but does not guarantee that the Carousell Property subscription will be available to you by any specified time, even if an estimated time is indicated. The agreement with you for receipt of the Carousell Property subscription will come into effect only when you receive a confirmation of your subscription from Carousell.
- Unused entitlements, Carousell Coins and listing quota from your annual Carousell Property subscription do not carry over to the following billing cycle and will automatically expire after one (1) billing cycle. When your applicable current subscription period ends, you will forfeit all rights to any entitlements, Carousell Coins and listing quota.
4. Bumps, Priority and Top Spotlight campaigns
You may purchase bumps, urgent bumps and/or 3-day bumps (each, a “Bumps”) and/or place a listing in Top Spotlight (“Top Spotlight”) or a Top Spotlight in Priority ("Priority") for increased visibility for your listings in accordance with Carousell’s prevailing listing and priority rules and charges, which can be found at Bumps and Top Spotlight and/or Priority, and forms a part of these Terms. Please also take the time to read the additional terms and conditions, as set out in Clause 11 below, that will apply when you choose to purchase coins (“Carousell Coins”) which may be used to pay for certain services, including our Bumps, placing a listing in Top Spotlight (each, a “Top Spotlight Campaign”) and/or in Priority (each, a "Priority Campaign").
You acknowledge and agree that:
- your Bumped listings may rise and fall in priority in relation to other users’ listings in accordance with Carousell’s prevailing listing rules, formulae and algorithms. Each Bump is an instant effect and all fees and/or charges paid by you to us for any Bump are non-refundable;
- Carousell does not represent or warrant that any Bump and/or any listing placed in Priority and/or Top Spotlight will lead to a like, offer, chat and by extension, sale;
- your Top Spotlight Campaign may be terminated early in the event the Top Spotlight Campaign is not performing well, any unused Carousell Coins pursuant to such early termination and/or for any undelivered clicked views, will be refunded back to your Account;
- placing your listing in Priority puts your Top Spotlight above other listings placed in Top Spotlight, in the event there are undelivered clicks in relation to your Priority Campaign, any unused Carousell Coins pursuant for any undelivered clicks, will be refunded back to your Account;
- the fees payable in respect of each Priority and/or Top Spotlight Campaign are subject to and dependent on the number of views or clicks (as the case may be) and the category which the listing placed in Priority and/or Top Spotlight resides in. In addition, each category has its unique demand for views and placing a listing in Priority and/or Top Spotlight in more popular categories will cost more; and
- notwithstanding the above, there will be no refunds in the event that: (i) your Account is suspended or terminated due to a breach of these Terms; and/or (ii) any Content has been removed in accordance with these Terms.
5. Fees and Payments
Depending on the type and/or number of listings you choose to post and any additional services you may request in relation to your Account or listing, you may be charged subscription fees, listing fees, charged for the Carousell Coins you may purchase and/or fees and charges otherwise in relation to your Account or listing (collectively, the “Carousell Fees”).
You may pay your Carousell Fees using a credit card, debit card, cheque or by way of telegraphic or other electronic means of transfer. You may also pay your Carousell Fees through any of the methods as may be made available on the Platforms or as may be notified to you from time to time.
You acknowledge and agree that:
- in the event of a subscription or recurring payment, you shall ensure that all payments are made and cleared by your bank before each monthly and/or annual recurring payment is due. For payments by credit card, your credit card account must be in good standing and remain valid for the monthly/annual charge(s) to be debited successfully. In the event of an unsuccessful payment, your Carousell Pro Subscription will automatically be suspended and/or terminated if payments are not received within ten (10) days from due date;
- If your credit card has expired, or if you wish to use a different credit card, please notify us promptly by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org at least 14 days before your next subscription fee payment is due. Please indicate “Expiry/Change of CC details” at the subject header;
- save as set out in Clause 4 above, all subscription fees, listing fees and/or other fees and charges paid by you to us with respect to your Account or otherwise for your access to and use of the Services, are non-refundable. For the avoidance of doubt, there will be no refunds of any Carousell Fees in the event that: (i) your Account is suspended or terminated due to a breach of these Terms; and/or (ii) any Content has been removed in accordance with these Terms;
- You shall make prompt payment of all Carousell Fees, in full before the due date stipulated by Carousell for such payment (where applicable) and in accordance with our payment instructions. In the event of late payment or non-payment of amounts due to Carousell, without prejudice to any other rights or remedies available to us, Carousell shall be entitled to: (i) terminate and/or suspend your Account and/or your access to the Services; and/or (ii) charge you a late payment fee on the overdue amount at the rate of 1.5% per month, or, if lower, the maximum rate allowed by applicable law. You shall pay such fees together with the overdue Carousell Fees and any legal fees and collection costs incurred by Carousell in collecting any past due amounts. This fee will be applied on the day after the payment due date and will applied each month until the overdue amount is paid;
- in the event your Account is suspended or terminated for any reason any amounts due on your Account will immediately become due and payable. Carousell reserves the right to immediately charge any amounts you have not previously disputed to the billing method that you are using and shall be entitled to terminate your Account, without prejudice to any other rights or remedies available to us; and
- you are responsible for collecting and paying any taxes associated with using and making sales through the Services. Depending on the tax legislation of your country of residence, goods and services tax or similar consumption tax might apply in addition to your fees.
5.1 Listing Fees
You may be charged a listing fee in accordance with Carousell’s prevailing listing fees’ rules and charges, which can be found in this article and forms a part of these Terms.
You acknowledge and agree that:
- Carousell does not represent or warrant that any Carousell Fees paid or payable will lead to a like, offer, chat and by extension, sale; and
- there will be no refunds in the event that: (i) your Account is suspended or terminated due to a breach of these Terms; and/or (ii) any Content has been removed in accordance with these Terms.
6. Carousell is a Venue
The Services provide a venue for users to interact with each other, and to buy and sell items. Carousell does not pre-screen a user or the Content provided by a user, nor is Carousell directly involved in transactions between users. Consequently, Carousell has no control over, and you agree that Carousell is not responsible or liable for, any of the following:
- The quality, safety, morality or legality of any aspect of the items listed.
- The truth or accuracy of the listings, the ability of sellers to sell items or the ability of buyers to pay for items.
- The true identity, age, nationality, or sense of humour of a user.
- Any Content posted by users.
You are encouraged to use the features and functions available on the Services to communicate with other users and/or to find out more about an item which a user has put up for sale. However, please exercise common sense and good judgment in your interactions with other users. While Carousell endeavours to keep the Services safe for everyone, your use of the Services and your interactions with other users is entirely at your own risk.
The Services allow users to create listings and share content, such as photos, videos, comments, data, text, links and other information (“Content”).
You understand and agree that you are solely responsible for the Content which you post or share on or through the Services and any loss or damage which you sustain as result of such Content is solely your responsibility.
You acknowledge that Carousell does not pre-screen Content uploaded by users. Carousell shall have the right (but not the obligation) in its sole discretion to refuse, delete or move any Content that is available on the Services. Without limiting the foregoing, Carousell shall have the right to remove Content, without liability or the obligation to offer a refund, in any of the following events:
- If the Content is in breach of these Terms.
- If Carousell has received a complaint or notice of infringement in respect of the Content.
- If the Content is otherwise objectionable.
Carousell may also block Content and the delivery of a communication (including, without limitation, feedback, postings, messages and/or chats) to or from the Services as part of efforts to protect the Services or users, or to otherwise enforce these Terms.
8. Selling and Buying on Carousell
In using the Services to create a listing and offer an item for sale, post a job opening and/or offer a service (as the case may be), you agree to comply with the following:
- All items must comply with these Terms and Carousell's policies, which can be found here.
- Our listing policy which is applicable to all categories except Property, Autos, Jobs and Services.
- You must provide a fair, accurate and complete description of each item, including your price for the item.
- Each item, job opening and/or offer of services must have its own listing.
- Your listing for an item may only include text, descriptions, graphics, images and other content relevant to the item. All Content contained in a listing must be true, complete, accurate and not misleading in any manner whatsoever.
- All items, job opening and/or offer of services must be listed in the appropriate category.All job listings must comply with all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines or policies and any notices, guidelines and/or policies issued by the Ministry of Manpower of Singapore including the Tripartite Guidelines on Fair Employment Practices and the Tripartite Guidelines on Non-Discriminatory Job Advertisements (as may be amended or updated).
- Where a specific attribute (“Specific Attribute”) in your job listing has to be included and where the Special Attribute may be viewed as discriminatory, you shall ensure that the Specific Attribute is a reasonable requirement for the job listed. You must provide the reason for requiring the Specific Attribute in your job listing.
- Any links included in your listing leads to your personal or corporate website and must not include any links to third party websites.
You acknowledge and agree that Carousell has no control over any website other than the Carousell website and shall not in any event be responsible or held liable for any expired job listing which appears on any website other than the Carousell website or any expired job listing which is retrieved by any search engine.
Without prejudice to the rest of these Terms and Carousell’s policies, you warrant, in respect of each job opportunity, services and/or item which you offer for sale on the Services (as the case may be), that:
- You are the owner of the item, and the item is not stolen.
- The item is not counterfeit and does not infringe upon any third party's copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary or intellectual property rights.
- The sale of the item complies with all laws and regulations which apply to that item.
- The item is not dangerous, hazardous or subject to a recall by a government or manufacturer.
- All selection criteria stated in a job listing are clear, objective and relevant and does not refer to age, race, language, gender, marital status and religion, except where it is a Specific Attribute.
- The Content in any listing does not infringe or violate any applicable laws and regulations, the intellectual property rights or proprietary rights of a third party.
All offers made and accepted through the Services are binding.
If you are a seller who has accepted a buyer’s offer for an item:
- You agree to ship the item or otherwise complete the transaction with the buyer in a prompt manner unless there is an exceptional circumstance, for instance, if the buyer fails to meet the terms of your listing (such as payment method), or you cannot authenticate the buyer's identity.
- You may charge reasonable shipping and handling fees to cover the costs for packaging and mailing the item. However, you must not charge excessive shipping fees or otherwise avoid fees.
- You may not alter the item's price after a sale, or misrepresent the item's location and price.
If you are a buyer whose offer for an item has been accepted by a seller, you agree to make prompt payment to the seller for the item, unless there is an exceptional circumstance, for instance, if you cannot authenticate the seller’s identity.
In communicating with a user through the Services for the offering of or acceptance of a job listing and/or services or purchase or sale of an item (each, a “Transaction”), you may obtain personal information of that user, such as their email address, phone number and mailing address. Without obtaining prior permission of the user, you shall use such information solely for the purpose of the Transaction.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, as Carousell is not involved in Transactions which are considered solely between users, Carousell cannot ensure that a user (whether as a buyer or seller) would follow through and complete a Transaction.
If you are a user in Malaysia, the following will apply to you:
Any person who operates a business for the purpose of supply of goods or services via our Platforms is required, under the Consumer Protection (Electronic Trade Transactions) Regulations 2012 of Malaysia, to disclose, to the best of their knowledge and belief, the following information:
- The name of the person who operates a business for the purpose of supply of goods or services through our Platforms, or the name of the business, or the name of the company.
- The registration number of the business or company, if applicable.
- The e-mail address and telephone number, or address of the person who operates a business for the purpose of supply of goods or services through Carousell.
- A description of the main characteristics of the goods or services.
- The full price of the goods or services including transportation costs, taxes and any other costs.
- The method of payment.
- The terms and conditions.
- The estimated time of delivery of the goods or services to the buyer.
Please kindly note that failure to provide such information or providing false or misleading information may result in the commission of an offence for which Carousell shall not be liable.
9. Carousell Protection
In using the Services to create a listing and offer an item for sale, a seller may choose to enable Carousell’s in-app payment feature, Carousell Protection (“Carousell Protection”).Carousell Protection allows you to use the following payment service (“Payment Service”) and shipping services (“Shipping Service”) (collectively “Payment and Shipping Services”) for purchase or sale of items on the Platform.
Ensuring users of the Services are protected while transacting on the Platform our top priority. For this reason, additional protection is available to sellers and buyers who transact through Carousell Protection.
By using Carousell Protection, you agree to comply with the following:
- To transact on the Platform and ensure that all communications in relation to any Transaction and issues raised are kept within the Platform. Transactions performed outside of the Platform are not covered, and listings or users soliciting for transactions to happen outside of the Platform are subject to removal without notice.
- To not use Carousell Protection in connection with any Prohibited Items. Carousell Protection does not cover Prohibited Items and does not support refunds or returns for Prohibited Items.
- To raise an issue within 48 hours of (the earlier of):
- tracking status reflecting that the item is delivered; or
- 7 days after the order is dispatched. Please note that once the buyer confirms that the item has been received, the order is no longer protected by Carousell Protection.
- To transact through tracked delivery. Users are strongly encouraged to always opt for tracked delivery. If you and the user are unable to agree or resolve any disputes in respect of untracked mail and attempts to seek coverage and/or protection under Carousell Protection, you agree that Carousell will attempt in good faith to facilitate resolution of the dispute and reserves the right to deal with such disputes in such manner as it deems fit in its absolute discretion but is under no obligation to provide any recourse to the same.
- To comply with the procedures and rules set out in the guidelines and FAQ (available here).
9.1 Payment Service
Carousell Protection allows a buyer to make payment for purchase of an item listed on the Platform using: (i) a credit or debit card the buyer registers with Carousell; (ii) a DBS PayLah! account the buyer successfully connects through the Platform.
9.1.1 Carousell Protection Balance
All the payments that a seller has earned from selling items through Carousell Protection will be accepted through the seller’s Account and reflected as a balance ("Balance"), after certain conditions have been met. Such conditions include the establishment and verification of information in respect of the following by Carousell and/or its Payment Service Providers (as defined below), using reliable and independent sources, and retention of reference documents used in such verification:
- where you are representing an Entity, the identities of all directors, partners and persons having executive authority as if such persons were themselves a user;
- your identity (as well as identity and authority of any agent and/or natural person appointed by you to act on your behalf in relation to your Account); and
- the existence of any beneficial owner in relation to your Account and if so, the identity of each such beneficial owner;
as may be required pursuant to the requirements of the relevant economic sanctions, anti-money laundering and counter-terrorism financing laws and any other applicable laws and regulations.
You may transfer the available balance to your linked bank account and/or debit card (“Default Transfer Method”) by submitting a transfer balance request (each, a “Transfer Balance Request”). Carousell may also automatically transfer (each, an “Automatic Transfer”) the available balance to your Default Transfer Method in the event your available balance exceeds S$1000 and/or on a regular basis, as determined by Carousell. Such Automatic Transfers will occur only on business days and funds may take up to four (4) business days to be credited to your Default Transfer Method. In the event of an Automatic Transfer, the entire available balance will be transferred to your Default Transfer Method.
You can read more about Carousell Protection and how to make a Transfer Balance Request in this Help article.
No fees will be imposed for each Transfer Balance Request and/or Automatic Transfer. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary herein, Carrousell reserves the right to amend and/or impose any rates and/or fees for any Transfers, with at least ten (10) days prior notice to you. We will notify you of the changes by posting a notice on our Services or by email. Your continued use of our Services after such notice constitutes your acceptance of the updated rates and/or fees.
9.2 Shipping Service
Carousell Protection allows a seller to: (i) specify available delivery option(s); and (ii) specify delivery fees for each available delivery option and/or select the applicable delivery fees from the list available on the Platform, through Carousell Protection, for an item listed on the Platform. When a buyer places an order for the item, the buyer shall choose an available delivery option specified by the seller and shall be responsible for paying the stipulated delivery fees for such delivery option. The seller is responsible for ensuring all the information (including delivery fees ) specified by the seller using the Shipping Service is correct. The seller shall charge only the delivery fees applicable to the delivery method chosen by the buyer in accordance with this section, as stipulated at the time when the buyer places an order.
Sellers are solely responsible for delivering sold items to buyers via the delivery option chosen by the buyer. You acknowledge and agree that Carousell has no control over any delivery of the items sold through the Platform, including but not limited to the delivery fees and method specified by sellers.
Buyers are encouraged to choose a tracked and/or registered delivery option as they bear the risk of any lost deliveries in the event of an untracked delivery. In the event of any tracked delivery that does not arrive, a seller may be required to provide valid proof of delivery that allows Carousell to verify that the item was dispatched to the address provided by the buyer for the specific order. In any event, Carousell is not responsible for any delays, delivery failures, damages, or losses resulting from the Shipping Services.
9.3 Carousell Protection Transaction Fees
You acknowledge and agree that you may be charged card fees, success fees and/or any other applicable transaction fees (collectively, the “Transaction Fees”) by Carousell, as follows:
Buyer (Payment Fee): If you are a buyer of a transaction using Carousell Protection, once your order is accepted by the seller, the Transaction Fees applicable to such order (as stipulated during your order process) shall be charged from a credit or debit card you register with Carousell for Carousell Protection or a DBS PayLah! account you successfully connect through the Platform.
Seller (Success Fee): If you are a seller of a transaction using Carousell Protection, once you accept the order and commence delivery, the Transaction Fees (if any) applicable to such order (as stipulated during your order detail form) shall be deducted from the payment that is due to you from the buyer of the same transaction.
You can read more about the Transaction Fees through the following links: (i) Payment Fee; and (ii) Success Fee.
9.4 Payment Services Provider
In order to provide the Payment Services, you acknowledge that Carousell may integrate the services provided by certain service providers, subcontractors, partners and/or agents (“Payment Service Providers”) into the Platform and that Payment Service Providers provide its payment processing services subject to their respect Additional Terms. In order to use the Payment Services, you agree to comply with such Additional Terms, as the same may be modified by the Payment Service Providers from time to time, and other applicable Additional Terms.
By providing the account information for a credit or debit card or DBS PayLah!, you represent and warrant, that: (i) you are legally authorised to provide such information to us; (ii) you are legally authorised to perform payments from the account(s) you have provided to us; and (iii) such action does not violate the terms and conditions applicable to your use of such account(s) or applicable law. When you authorize a payment using any such account(s) via the Platform, you represent and warrant that there are sufficient funds or credit available to complete a payment using such account(s).
By using a particular payment method, you are agreeing to the terms of service of the relevant processing partner and your financial institution. You will bear all fees that may be charged by such processing partners and/or your financial institution (if any) for the selected payment method.
You agree to authorise Carousell and/or its related corporations to process the Payment Services on your behalf including but not limited to making, accepting and/or refunding any payments, in accordance with this Clause 9.
9.5 Additional Terms
If you use any of the Payment and Shipping Services, you acknowledge that such services shall be subject to or governed by additional terms and conditions of third party service providers, partners, subcontractors and/or agents (“Additional Terms”). You agree to comply with such Additional Terms including the terms and conditions set out in the Stripe Connected Account Agreement (available at: https://stripe.com/sg/connect-account/legal) and the DBS PayLah! Application terms and conditions (available at: https://www.dbs.com.sg/iwov-resources/pdf/deposits/pay-with-ease/dbs-paylah/paylah-application-tnc.pdf), which may be modified or updated from time to time, and any other terms and conditions that may be referred to or incorporated within such Additional Terms.
9.6 Prohibited Items
Without prejudice to the generality of Clause 8, you acknowledge and agree that you shall not use the Payment Services in connection with any content, business or activities set out in the following policies: https://support.carousell.com/hc/en-us/sections/360005466974-Guidelines and https://stripe.com/sg/prohibited-businesses. Carousell reserves the right to take all steps to ensure that you do not use the Payment Services in connection with such businesses or activities. Any transactions involving any such content, businesses or activities shall be void, and you agree that Carousell and/or its related corporations may, at its sole discretion, refund the relevant payment to the relevant party for such transactions minus any transaction, service and/or administration fees that may be charged by Carousell and/or its service providers, subject to any laws, rules, regulations or any binding order or direction of governmental and other regulatory authorities or the courts in any relevant jurisdiction.
You further agree that you are responsible for all purchases and/or sales using Carousell Protection under your Account, including transactions which you did not authorise.
You can read more about Carousell Protection here.
10. Disputed Carousell Protection Transactions
If you and/or an user of our Services files a dispute through the Platform in connection with any Transactions made through Carousell Protection (each, a “Disputed Carousell Protection Transaction”) between you and the user, you agree to comply with the procedures set out in the guidelines and FAQ (available here) (“Carousell Resolution Procedures”).
If you and the user are unable to agree or resolve such dispute in accordance with the relevant procedures set out in the Carousell Resolution Procedures, you agree that such dispute shall be finally resolved by Carousell, which shall be binding and final, subject to any applicable laws and regulations. You agree to comply with Carousell’s decisions and instructions in connection with such dispute. You further agree to release Carousell and/or its related corporations from any demands, claims, actions, proceedings, suits, liabilities, damages, costs and expenses in connection with or arising out of any of your disputes with users of our Services in connection with the Disputed Carousell Protection Transaction.
You acknowledge and agree that Carousell and/or its related corporations may, at its sole discretion: (i) freeze and hold the money paid in connection with the Disputed Carousell Protection Transaction (“Disputed Money”) unless the dispute is resolved; (ii) return or provide any portion of the Disputed Money to the buyer and/or seller; (iii) require the buyer to return the item bought through the Disputed Carousell Protection Transaction (“Disputed Item”) to the seller; (iv) require the seller to refund the Disputed Money to Carousell (or its related corporations) or the buyer; and/or (v) require the seller to exchange the Disputed Item with a replacement for the buyer. You agree to comply with all Carousell’s instructions in accordance with this Clause.
In the event of a Disputed Carousell Protection Transaction which involves an investigation by the police or other government or regulatory authority, subject to (i) any laws, rules, regulations or any binding order or direction of governmental and other regulatory authorities or the courts in any relevant jurisdiction, and/or (ii) any claims made by any third party relating to the Disputed Money, Carousell may, at its sole discretion: (a) freeze and hold the relevant Disputed Money for a minimum of one year (unless the dispute is resolved); and (b) thereafter, return or provide any portion of the Disputed Money to the buyer and/or seller at Carousell's reasonable discretion.
11. Carousell Coins
If you choose to purchase Carousell Coins, the following additional terms and conditions as set out in this Clause 11 apply to you. You are advised to read these additional terms and conditions carefully.
Relevant entities in respect of Carousell Coins
- Please kindly note that Carousell Coins are regarded as a stored value facility under Singapore law. Carousell Pte Ltd, the holder of the Carousell Coins stored value facility in Singapore, does not require the approval of the Monetary Authority of Singapore.
- Carousell Limited is the holder of the Carousell Coins in Hong Kong.
- Mudah.my Sdn Bhd is the holder of the Carousell Coins in Malaysia.
- Carousell-PH, Inc. is the holder of the Carousell Coins in the Philippines.
11.1 General Terms
- a. Carousell Coins is a pre-payment only for the goods and services offered by Carousell Pte Ltd and/or its subsidiaries through the website at https://carousell.com, and all related domains and sub-domains, as may be amended or updated by us from time to time and/or the Carousell mobile application software, including all its features and content and the services that Carousell makes available on or through it, and any and all updates, upgrades, supplements, enhancements and releases thereto as may be provided by us from time to time (collectively, the “Platforms”). Carousell reserves the right to:
- limit the use of any Carousell Coins; and/or
- reject your request to purchase Carousell Coins,
if we reasonably believe that the use is in breach of these Terms, unauthorised, fraudulent or otherwise unlawful. Without limiting the foregoing, Carousell shall have such rights in any of the following events: (a) the aggregate amount of stored value held by Carousell Coins, directly or indirectly, alone or together with any person over whom Carousell has control or influence, to exceed S$30 million; or (b) the amount of Carousell Coins held by you equals to or exceeds S$1,000, notwithstanding Clause 11.3 below .
- b. Carousell Coins can only be used in the jurisdiction it was purchased in (i.e. Carousell Coins purchased in: (i) Singapore can only be used in Singapore; (ii) Malaysia can only be used in Malaysia; (iii) Carousell Coins purchased in Hong Kong can only be used in Hong Kong; and (iv) Carousell Coins purchased in Philippines can only be used in Philippines.
- c. Carousell Coins are only valid for one (1) year from the date of their purchase, unless otherwise stated in the relevant terms and conditions at the point of purchase and/or allocation (the “CC Validity Period”). The expiry date set out in your Account shall serve as conclusive evidence of the expiry date of your Carousell Coins. Thereafter, the Carousell Coins shall be deemed expired and will be cancelled immediately and without further notice. Carousell reserves the right to deal with the expired Carousell Coins in such manner as it deems fit in its absolute discretion and may at its discretion from time to time vary the CC Validity Period. You hereby agree that you will have no claim whatsoever against Carousell for any expired Carousell Coins. For the avoidance of doubt, any such expired Carousell Coins are non-refundable.
- d. Carousell Coins may not be re-sold and unless required by law, are non-refundable, non-transferrable and may not be exchanged and/or redeemed for cash or credit balance or transferred for value under any circumstances. For the avoidance of doubt, there will be no refunds in the event that: (i) your Account is suspended or terminated due to a breach of these Terms; and/or (ii) any Content has been removed in accordance with these Terms.
- e. Carousell reserves the right to correct the balance of your Carousell Coins if we believe that an error, including clerical error, has occurred. Carousell may also, in its discretion, allocate Carousell Coins to you at no cost to you (“Free Carousell Coins”), subject to any additional terms and conditions. Carousell reserves the right to withdraw, amend and/or alter any part of or the whole terms and conditions of such Free Carousell Coins, at any time without giving prior notice or compensation in cash or in kind.
- f. You are responsible for all purchases using your Carousell Coins, including unauthorised transactions.
- g. Notwithstanding Clause 11.3 below, the maximum amount of Carousell Coins that you can hold at any given time is S$1,000 (or the equivalent in the local currency).
11.2 Purchase of Carousell Coins
You may purchase Carousell Coins by using a credit card, debit card, cheque or by way of telegraphic or other electronic means of transfer. You may also purchase Carousell Coins through any of the methods as may be made available on the Platforms or as may be notified to you from time to time.
11.3 Carousell Coins of more than S$1,000 (or the equivalent in the local currency)
Your Account shall not be able to contain stored value of more than S$1,000(or the equivalent in the local currency), unless expressly permitted by Carousell and subject to the terms and conditions as provided in this Clause 11.3.
You acknowledge and agree that Carousell shall have the right (but not the obligation) to permit you to hold stored value of more than S$1,000(or the equivalent in the local currency) in your Account provided that Carousell (or where applicable, any third parties appointed by Carousell for the purposes thereof) shall:
- a. perform and you shall co-operate and assist in the performance of, the due diligence exercise to be carried out on you, pursuant to the requirements of the MAS Notice PSOA-N02 issued by the The Monetary Authority of Singapore and/or any other applicable laws and regulations, including without limitation, the establishment and verification of information in respect of the following, using reliable and independent sources, and retention of reference documents used in such verification:
- where you are representing an Entity, the identities of all directors, partners and persons having executive authority as if such persons were themselves a user;
- your identity (as well as identity and authority of any agent and/or natural person appointed by you to act on your behalf in relation to your Account); and
- the existence of any beneficial owner in relation to your Account and if so, the identity of each such beneficial owner;
- b. upon each request for a purchase, top-up and/or redemption of Carousell Coins (“Carousell Coin Transaction”), review earlier Carousell Coin Transactions to ensure that the current Carousell Coin Transaction is consistent with such earlier Carousell Coin Transactions, with special attention to unusual, complex or unusually large Carousell Coin Transactions; and
- c. maintain records of all information identifying you, your account information, business correspondence, and information needed to explain and reconstruct any Carousell Coin Transaction relating to your Account for a period of at least six (6) years following termination of your Account or such time period as required by law;
You can read more about Carousell Coins in this Help article.
12. Disputes with users
Without prejudice to Clause 10, if you are in dispute with a user of our Services, you are encouraged to contact that user to resolve the situation amicably. If the dispute is notified to Carousell, Carousell will attempt in good faith to facilitate resolution of the dispute but is under no obligation to resolve the same. You release Carousell from any claims, demands and damage arising out of your disputes with users of our Services.
14. Intellectual Property
You acknowledge and agree that the Services and all copyright, patents, trademarks, trade secrets and other intellectual property rights associated therewith are, and shall remain, the property of Carousell. Furthermore, you acknowledge and agree that the source and object code of the Services and the format, directories, queries, algorithms, structure and organization of the Services are the intellectual property and proprietary and confidential information of Carousell. You are not granted any intellectual property rights in and to the Services not expressly granted in these Terms and such rights are hereby reserved and retained by Carousell.
The Services may utilise or include third party software that is subject to open source and third party licence terms (“Third Party Software”). You acknowledge and agree that your right to use such Third Party Software as part of the Services is subject to and governed by the terms and conditions of the open source and third party licenses applicable to such Third Party Software, including, without limitation, any applicable acknowledgements, licence terms and disclaimers contained therein. In the event of a conflict between these Terms and the terms of such open source or third party licences, the terms of the open source or third party licences shall prevail with regard to your use of the relevant third party software. In no event shall the Services or components thereof be deemed to be open source or publicly available software.
You are not authorised by Carousell to use Carousell’s trademarks in any advertising, publicity or in any other commercial manner without the prior written consent of Carousell, which may be withheld for any or no reason.
15. Reporting Unauthorised Content
Carousell respects the intellectual property rights of others and we expect the same of our users. If you believe that there has been unauthorised use of your intellectual property rights by a user, please follow the steps provided here to report the same to us.
Carousell reserves the right to suspend or terminate your account and/or your access to the Services if there are repeat complaints against you of intellectual property infringement.
16. Suspension and Termination
You may deactivate your Account at any time through the “Settings” section of your Account.
Carousell reserves the right to, at its sole discretion, and without liability:
- Suspend or terminate your Account and/or your access to the Services at any time, for any breach of these Terms, our guidelines, any additional terms and conditions and policies.
- Suspend or terminate your Account and/or your access to the Services at any time, for any reason, and without advance notice.
- Change, modify, suspend or discontinue, whether temporarily or permanently, the whole or any part of the Services at any time, for any reason, and without advance notice.
You acknowledge and agree that if you deactivate your Account or if we suspend or terminate your Account, you will lose any information associated with your Account, including Content. It is your responsibility to backup the Content which you upload to the Services.
Upon termination, all licenses and rights granted to you in these Terms will immediately cease.
17. No Warranty
You acknowledge and agree that the Services are provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis, and that your use of or reliance upon the Services and any content, products or services accessed or obtained thereby is at your sole risk and discretion.
Carousell does not represent or warrant that: (a) the use of the Services will be secure, timely, uninterrupted or error free or that they will be compatible or operate in combination with any other hardware, software, system or data; (b) the Services will meet your requirements or expectations; (c) errors or defects in the Services will be corrected; or (d) the Services and Carousell’s servers are free of viruses or other harmful components.
All conditions, representations and warranties, whether express, implied, statutory or otherwise, including, without limitation, any implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement, are hereby excluded and disclaimed to the fullest extent permitted under the law.
The Services may be subject to limitations, delays, and other problems inherent in the use of the Internet and electronic communications (including problems inherent to the computer or electronic device you use). Carousell is not responsible for any delays, delivery failures, damages, or losses resulting from such problems.
No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by you from Carousell or from the Services shall create any representation, warranty or guarantee. Furthermore, you acknowledge that Carousell has no obligation to support or maintain the Services.
Carousell disclaims any and all liability or responsibility in relation to the content made available through the Services, including but not limited to the Content uploaded by users or the third party content and services. Carousell is not responsible or liable in any manner for the third party content and services associated with or utilized in connection with the Services, including the failure of such third party content and services.
In addition, the Services may promote, advertise or sponsor functions, events, offers, competition or other activities which may be conducted online or offline and which may be conducted by third parties. These activities may be subjected to separate terms and conditions; your participation in such activities is solely at your digression and risk. Carousell does not accept any responsibility in connection with your participation in activities conducted by any other party.
18. Limitation of Liability
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOUR ONLY RIGHT WITH RESPECT TO ANY PROBLEMS OR DISSATISFACTION WITH THE SERVICES IS TO REQUEST FOR TERMINATION OF YOUR ACCOUNT AND/OR DISCONTINUE ANY USE OF THE SERVICES.
IN NO EVENT SHALL CAROUSELL OR ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, PARTNERS, SUPPLIERS OR LICENSORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR ACCESS OR USE OF OR INABILITY TO ACCESS OR USE THE SERVICES OR ANY THIRD PARTY CONTENT AND SERVICES, OR ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR CONDUCT OR THE CONDUCT OF OTHER USERS IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF THE SERVICES INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION DEATH, BODILY INJURY, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS AND/OR OTHER DAMAGES RESULTING FROM COMMUNICATIONS OR MEETINGS WITH OTHER USERS OR PERSONS YOU MEET THROUGH THE SERVICES, WHETHER OR NOT THE DAMAGES WERE FORESEEABLE AND WHETHER OR NOT CAROUSELL WAS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, CAROUSELL’S AGGREGATE LIABILITY TO YOU (WHETHER UNDER CONTRACT, TORT, STATUTE OR OTHERWISE) SHALL NOT EXCEED THE AMOUNT OF FEES RECEIVED BY CAROUSELL IN RESPECT OF THE SERVICES GIVING RISE TO SUCH CLAIMS OR, WHERE RELEVANT, SHALL NOT EXCEED THE AMOUNT OF SINGAPORE DOLLARS THEN STANDING TO THE CAROUSELL COINS IN YOUR ACCOUNT. THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS WILL APPLY EVEN IF THE ABOVE STATED REMEDY FAILS OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.
You will indemnify and hold harmless Carousell, its subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, suppliers, licensors, shareholders, officers, employees, independent contractors and agents and all successors and/or assigns from and against any and all actions, claims, proceedings, damages, losses, costs and expenses resulting from: (a) your use of the Services; (b) your Content; (c) any use of your Account; (d) your breach of these Terms; (e) your breach of any statutory requirement, duty or law; or (f) your violation of any rights of another person or entity.
Carousell does not warrant that the Services will be compatible or interoperable with your device or any other piece of hardware, software, equipment or device installed on or used in connection with your device. Furthermore, you acknowledge that compatibility and interoperability problems can cause the performance of your device to diminish or fail completely, and may result in permanent damage to your device, loss of data located on your device, and corruption of the software and files located on your device. You acknowledge and agree that Carousell and its subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, suppliers and licensors shall have no liability to you for any losses suffered resulting from or arising in connection with compatibility or interoperability problems.
21. Sub-contracting by Carousell
Carousell reserves the right to delegate, sub-contract or otherwise arrange for any related corporations, service providers, partners, subcontractors and/or agents to perform any part of the Services as Carousell deems appropriate.
You and Carousell are independent contractors, and no agency, partnership, joint venture, employee-employer or franchiser-franchisee relationship is intended or created by these Terms.
If any provision of these Terms is held unenforceable, then such provision will be modified to reflect the parties' intention. All remaining provisions of these Terms shall remain in full force and effect.
Except as provided herein, any failure by Carousell to exercise a right or require performance of an obligation in these Terms shall not affect Carousell’s ability to exercise such right or require such performance at any time thereafter nor shall the waiver of a breach of these Terms constitute a waiver of any subsequent breach.
You shall not assign any rights or delegate any obligations herein without our prior written consent and any attempted assignment or delegation in contravention of this provision shall be null and void and of no force or effect.
These Terms constitute the entire agreement between you and Carousell and supersedes all prior or contemporaneous understandings and/or agreements between you and Carousell.
23. Governing Law and Jurisdiction
You hereby agree that the laws of Singapore shall govern these Terms and that the courts of Singapore shall have non-exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute arising out of or in connection with these Terms.
Last updated on 11 August 2020