These Terms of Service (“Terms”) govern your use of the websites, mobile applications and services (collectively, the “Services”) provided by Carousell (as defined below).
These Terms applies to all users of the Services, including without limitation users who are sellers, buyers, merchants, or contributors of content, information and other materials. If you are entering into this agreement for and on behalf of a business entity, and the term “you” in this agreement shall mean the business entity on whose behalf you are using the Services, unless the context does not permit.
If you are accessing the Services from North or South America, these Terms are between you and Carousell Inc. If you are accessing the Services from elsewhere in the world, these Terms are between you and Carousell Pte. Ltd. For ease of reference, each of Carousell Inc. and Carousell Pte. Ltd. are referred to in these Terms as “Carousell”.
By using the Services in any manner, including but not limited to visiting or browsing the Services, you agree to observe and be bound by these Terms and the additional terms and conditions and policies referenced herein and/or available by hyperlink.
Carousell reserves the right to change or modify these Terms at any time. You will be deemed to have agreed to the amended Terms by your continued use of the Services following the date on which the amended Terms are posted here.
If you have any questions, please refer to our Help Centre.
2. Use of the Services
Subject to your compliance with these Terms, Carousell grants you a limited, non-exclusive, revocable (with or without cause), non-transferable right and license to use the Services.
You shall use the Services in accordance with these Terms and shall not:
- Upload any Content (as defined below) that violates or infringes another party’s rights of publicity, privacy, copyright, trademark or any other intellectual property right.
- Copy, decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble, attempt to derive the source code of, decrypt, interfere with, or disrupt the integrity or the performance of the Services.
- Make any modification, adaptation, improvement, enhancement, translation or derivative work from the Services.
- Violate any applicable laws, rules or regulations in connection with your access or use of the Services.
- Use the Services in violation of or to circumvent any sanctions or embargo.
- Remove, alter or obscure any proprietary notice (including any notice of copyright and trademark) of Carousell or its affiliates, partners, suppliers or licensors.
- Use the Services for any purpose for which it is not designed or intended.
- Use the Services to create or promote a product, service or software that is, directly or indirectly, competitive with or in any way a substitute for the Services or any services, product or software offered by Carousell.
- Use any proprietary information or interfaces of Carousell or any other intellectual property of Carousell in the design, development, manufacture, licensing or distribution of any application, accessories or devices for use with the Services.
- Use the Services to send, post, or otherwise communicate any Content which is offensive, indecent, threatening, abusive, insulting, harassing, defamatory, libellous, deceptive, fraudulent, tortious, obscene, profane, invasive of another person’s privacy, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable.
- Use the Services to send automated, unsolicited or unauthorised messages, advertising or promotional material or any junk mail, spam or chain letters.
- Upload to, or transmit through the Services any data, file, software or link that contains or redirects to a virus, Trojan horse, worm or other harmful components.
- Use any scraper, robot, bot, spider, crawler or any other automated device or means to access, acquire, copy or monitor any portion of the Services, or any data or content found or access through the Services.
- Collect any information in respect of other users without their consent.
- Commit any act to avoid paying any applicable fees and/or charges.
- Authorise or encourage anyone to do any of the foregoing.
You would need to have an account with Carousell (“Account”) in order to use some parts of the Services. When you create an Account, you represent and warrant that:
- If you are individual, you are at least 18 years of age.
- If you are representing a company, organisation or any other legal entity (“Entity”), you have authority to bind the Entity to these Terms.
- You are capable of entering into and performing legally binding contracts under applicable law.
- All information which you provide is accurate, up to date, truthful and complete.
If you are under 18 years of age, you may only use the Services with the consent of and under the supervision of your parent or legal guardian who shall be responsible for all your activities.
You are responsible for all activities under your Account. You, therefore agree to:
- Keep your password secure.
- Keep your account information up to date at all times.
Comply with Carousell’s policies and all applicable laws with respect to your activities and the Content which you upload to the Services.
You shall not set up multiple Accounts, or transfer or sell your Account or user ID to another party. You must not use another user's Account without their permission.
3.1 Carousell Pro Subscriptions
In addition, you may also purchase Carousell pro subscriptions (“Carousell Pro Subscriptions”) for access and use of additional features and Services via a subscription service on or via any of the Platforms (as defined below) or any of the methods as may be made available on the Platforms or as may be notified to you from time to time.
Any such purchases shall be in accordance with Carousell’s prevailing subscription rules and fees, which can be found at https://sg.carousell.com/pro/, and forms a part of these Terms. You can read more about Carousell Pro Subscriptions in the same article.
You acknowledge and agree that:
- All Carousell Pro Subscription fees are due in advance.
- You may only cancel your initial Carousell Pro Subscription order within thirty (30) days of the activation date and receive a full refund by providing us with a written notice at firstname.lastname@example.org or by contacting your account manager. Should you cancel after thirty (30) days, your payment is non-refundable and your Carousell Pro Subscription will continue until the end of your contracted term. If the minimum subscription period applicable to your Carousell Pro Subscription has not yet expired as at the date of such cancellation, the prevailing administrative, termination or other fees (if applicable) shall also be due and payable by you. For the avoidance of doubt, there will be no refunds in the event that: (i) your Account is suspended or terminated due to a breach of these Terms; and/or (ii) any Content has been removed in accordance with these Terms.
- You may upgrade your Carousell Pro Subscription by making a top up to the prevailing subscription fees by providing us with a written notice at email@example.com or by contacting your account manager.
- Carousell reserves the right to amend, suspend and/or terminate all or any part of any Carousell Pro Subscription, its terms and conditions, the types of content or services offered on or via the Platforms, the subscription period and rates for such Carousell Pro Subscription.
- Your subscription will continue and be renewed automatically on a monthly/yearly basis after the first month/year until you expressly instruct us that you wish to terminate your relevant Carousell Pro Subscription by providing us with written notice of non-renewal at least thirty (30) days’ before the expiration of the applicable current subscription period. All such notices should be made to firstname.lastname@example.org. Unless otherwise stated by Carousell, any renewal of your subscription will be on the then prevailing subscription terms thereof.
- Carousell does not represent or warrant that the said additional features and Services will remain available as a Carousell Pro Subscription.
- You shall be bound by any specific terms governing payment, subscription fees, minimum subscription periods, entitlements to any gift or premium under any promotion, termination fees and delivery fees which are applicable to your Carousell Pro Subscription, as set out in our application forms for the relevant subscription packages and payment terms you have selected.
- Your application for any Carousell Pro Subscription is subject to our acceptance. Carousell will try to process your Carousell Pro Subscription promptly but does not guarantee that the Carousell Pro Subscription will be available to you by any specified time, even if an estimated time is indicated. The agreement with you for receipt of the Carousell Pro Subscription will come into effect only when you receive a confirmation of your subscription from Carousell.
- Unused entitlements, Carousell Coins and listing quota from your annual Carousell Pro Subscription do not carry over to the following billing cycle and will automatically expire after one (1) billing cycle. When your applicable current subscription period ends, you will forfeit all rights to any entitlements, Carousell Coins and listing quota.
4. Bumps and Top Spotlight campaigns
You may purchase bumps, urgent bumps and/or 3-day bumps (each, a “Bumps”) and/or placing a listing in Top Spotlight (“Top Spotlight”) for increased visibility for your listings in accordance with Carousell’s prevailing listing and priority rules and charges, which can be found at https://support.carousell.com/hc/sections/115001982767 and https://support.carousell.com/hc/en-us/articles/115014920268 respectively, and forms a part of these Terms. Please also take the time to read the additional terms and conditions, as set out in Clause 9 below, that will apply when you choose to purchase coins (“Carousell Coins”) which may be used to pay for certain services, including our Bumps and placing a listing in Top Spotlight (each, a “Top Spotlight Campaign”).
You acknowledge and agree that:
- your Bumped listings may rise and fall in priority in relation to other users’ listings in accordance with Carousell’s prevailing listing rules, formulae and algorithms;
- each Bump is an instant effect and all fees and/or charges paid by you to us for any Bump are non-refundable;
- the fees payable in respect of each Top Spotlight Campaign are subject to and dependent on the number of views and the category which the listing placed in Top Spotlight resides in. In addition, each category has its unique demand for views and placing a listing in Top Spotlight in more popular categories will cost more;
- Carousell does not represent or warrant that any Bump and/or any listing placed in Top Spotlight will lead to a like, offer, chat and by extension, sale;
- your Top Spotlight campaign may be terminated early in the event the campaign is not performing well, any unused Carousell Coins pursuant to such early termination and/or for any undelivered clicked views, will be refunded back to your Account; and
- notwithstanding the above, there will be no refunds in the event that: (i) your Account is suspended or terminated due to a breach of these Terms; and/or (ii) any Content has been removed in accordance with these Terms.
5. Fees and Payments
Depending on the type and/or number of listings you choose to post and any additional services you may request in relation to your Account or listing, you may be charged subscription fees, listing fees, charged for the Carousell Coins you may purchase and/or fees and charges otherwise in relation to your Account or listing (collectively, the “Carousell Fees”).
You may pay your Carousell Fees using a credit card, debit card, cheque or by way of telegraphic or other electronic means of transfer. You may also pay your Carousell Fees through any of the methods as may be made available on the Platforms (as defined below) or as may be notified to you from time to time.
You acknowledge and agree that:
- in the event of a subscription or recurring payment, you shall ensure that all payments are made and cleared by your bank before each monthly and/or annual recurring payment is due. For payments by credit card, your credit card account must be in good standing and remain valid for the monthly/annual charge(s) to be debited successfully. In the event of an unsuccessful payment, your Carousell Pro Subscription will automatically be suspended and/or terminated if payments are not received within ten (10) days from due date;
- If your credit card has expired, or if you wish to use a different credit card, please notify us promptly by sending an email to email@example.com at least 14 days before your next subscription fee payment is due. Please indicate “Expiry/Change of CC details” at the subject header;
- save as set out in Clause 3.1 above, all subscription fees, listing fees and/or other fees and charges paid by you to us with respect to your Account or otherwise for your access to and use of the Services, are non-refundable. For the avoidance of doubt, there will be no refunds of any Carousell Fees in the event that: (i) your Account is suspended or terminated due to a breach of these Terms; and/or (ii) any Content has been removed in accordance with these Terms;
- You shall make prompt payment of all Carousell Fees, in full before the due date stipulated by Carousell for such payment (where applicable) and in accordance with our payment instructions. In the event of late payment or non-payment of amounts due to Carousell, without prejudice to any other rights or remedies available to us, Carousell shall be entitled to: (i) terminate and/or suspend your Account and/or your access to the Services; and/or (ii) charge you a late payment fee on the overdue amount at the rate of 1.5% per month, or, if lower, the maximum rate allowed by applicable law. You shall pay such fees together with the overdue Carousell Fees and any legal fees and collection costs incurred by Carousell in collecting any past due amounts. This fee will be applied on the day after the payment due date and will applied each month until the overdue amount is paid;
- in the event your Account is suspended or terminated for any reason any amounts due on your Account will immediately become due and payable. Carousell reserves the right to immediately charge any amounts you have not previously disputed to the billing method that you are using and shall be entitled to terminate your Account, without prejudice to any other rights or remedies available to us; and
- you are responsible for collecting and paying any taxes associated with using and making sales through the Services. Depending on the tax legislation of your country of residence, goods and services tax or similar consumption tax might apply in addition to your fees.
5.1 Listing Fees
You may be charged a listing fee in accordance with Carousell’s prevailing listing fees’ rules and charges, which can be found in this article and forms a part of these Terms.
You acknowledge and agree that:
- Carousell does not represent or warrant that any Carousell Fees paid or payable will lead to a like, offer, chat and by extension, sale;
- there will be no refunds in the event that: (i) your Account is suspended or terminated due to a breach of these Terms; and/or (ii) any Content has been removed in accordance with these Terms; and
- each listing, free or paid expires after 30 days.
You can read more about listing fees in this Help article.
6. Carousell is a Venue
The Services provide a venue for users to interact with each other, and to buy and sell items. Carousell does not pre-screen a user or the Content provided by a user, nor is Carousell directly involved in transactions between users. Consequently, Carousell has no control over, and you agree that Carousell is not responsible or liable for, any of the following:
- The quality, safety, morality or legality of any aspect of the items listed.
- The truth or accuracy of the listings, the ability of sellers to sell items or the ability of buyers to pay for items.
- The true identity, age, nationality, or sense of humour of a user.
- Any Content posted by users.
You are encouraged to use the features and functions available on the Services to communicate with other users and/or to find out more about an item which a user has put up for sale. However, please exercise common sense and good judgment in your interactions with other users. While Carousell endeavours to keep the Services safe for everyone, your use of the Services and your interactions with other users is entirely at your own risk.
The Services allow users to create listings and share content, such as photos, videos, comments, data, text, links and other information (“Content”).
You understand and agree that you are solely responsible for the Content which you post or share on or through the Services and any loss or damage which you sustain as result of such Content is solely your responsibility.
You acknowledge that Carousell does not pre-screen Content uploaded by users. Carousell shall have the right (but not the obligation) in its sole discretion to refuse, delete or move any Content that is available on the Services. Without limiting the foregoing, Carousell shall have the right to remove Content, without liability or the obligation to offer a refund, in any of the following events:
- If the Content is in breach of these Terms.
- If Carousell has received a complaint or notice of infringement in respect of the Content.
- If the Content is otherwise objectionable.
Carousell may also block Content and the delivery of a communication (including, without limitation, feedback, postings, messages and/or chats) to or from the Services as part of efforts to protect the Services or users, or to otherwise enforce these Terms.
8. Selling and Buying on Carousell
In using the Services to create a listing and offer an item for sale, post a job opening and/or offer a service (as the case may be), you agree to comply with the following:
- All items must comply with these Terms and Carousell's policies, which can be found here.
- You must provide a fair, accurate and complete description of each item, including your price for the item.
- Each item, job opening and/or offer of services must have its own listing.
- Your listing for an item may only include text, descriptions, graphics, images and other content relevant to the item. All Content contained in a listing must be true, complete, accurate and not misleading in any manner whatsoever.
- All items, job opening and/or offer of services must be listed in the appropriate category.All job listings must comply with all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines or policies and any notices, guidelines and/or policies issued by the Ministry of Manpower of Singapore including the Tripartite Guidelines on Fair Employment Practices and the Tripartite Guidelines on Non-Discriminatory Job Advertisements (as may be amended or updated).
- Where a specific attribute (“Specific Attribute”) in your job listing has to be included and where the Special Attribute may be viewed as discriminatory, you shall ensure that the Specific Attribute is a reasonable requirement for the job listed. You must provide the reason for requiring the Specific Attribute in your job listing.
- Any links included in your listing leads to your personal or corporate website and must not include any links to third party websites.
You acknowledge and agree that Carousell has no control over any website other than the Carousell website and shall not in any event be responsible or held liable for any expired job listing which appears on any website other than the Carousell website or any expired job listing which is retrieved by any search engine.
Without prejudice to the rest of these Terms and Carousell’s policies, you warrant, in respect of each job opportunity, services and/or item which you offer for sale on the Services (as the case may be), that:
- You are the owner of the item, and the item is not stolen.
- The item is not counterfeit and does not infringe upon any third party's copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary or intellectual property rights.
- The sale of the item complies with all laws and regulations which apply to that item.
- The item is not dangerous, hazardous or subject to a recall by a government or manufacturer.
- All selection criteria stated in a job listing are clear, objective and relevant and does not refer to age, race, language, gender, marital status and religion, except where it is a Specific Attribute.
- The Content in any listing does not infringe or violate any applicable laws and regulations, the intellectual property rights or proprietary rights of a third party.
All offers made and accepted through the Services are binding.
If you are a seller who has accepted a buyer’s offer for an item:
- You agree to ship the item or otherwise complete the transaction with the buyer in a prompt manner unless there is an exceptional circumstance, for instance, if the buyer fails to meet the terms of your listing (such as payment method), or you cannot authenticate the buyer's identity.
- You may charge reasonable shipping and handling fees to cover the costs for packaging and mailing the item. However, you must not charge excessive shipping fees or otherwise avoid fees.
- You may not alter the item's price after a sale, or misrepresent the item's location and price.
If you are a buyer whose offer for an item has been accepted by a seller, you agree to make prompt payment to the seller for the item, unless there is an exceptional circumstance, for instance, if you are cannot authenticate the seller’s identity.
In communicating with a user through the Services for the offering of or acceptance of a job listing and/or services or purchase or sale of an item (each, a “Transaction”), you may obtain personal information of that user, such as their email address, phone number and mailing address. Without obtaining prior permission of the user, you shall use such information solely for the purpose of the Transaction.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, as Carousell is not involved in Transactions which are considered solely between users, Carousell cannot ensure that a user (whether as a buyer or seller) would follow through and complete a Transaction.
9. Carousell Coins
If you choose to purchase Carousell Coins, the following additional terms and conditions as set out in this Clause 9 apply to you. Please kindly note that Carousell Coins are regarded as a stored value facility under Singapore law. Carousell Pte Ltd, the holder of the Carousell Coins stored value facility, does not require the approval of the Monetary Authority of Singapore. You are advised to read these additional terms and conditions carefully.
9.1 General Terms
- a. Carousell Coins is a pre-payment only for the goods and services offered by Carousell Pte Ltd through the website at https://carousell.com, and all related domains and sub-domains, as may be amended or updated by us from time to time and/or the Carousell mobile application software, including all its features and content and the services that Carousell makes available on or through it, and any and all updates, upgrades, supplements, enhancements and releases thereto as may be provided by us from time to time (collectively, the “Platforms”). Carousell reserves the right to:
- limit the use of any Carousell Coins; and/or
- reject your request to purchase Carousell Coins,
if we reasonably believe that the use is in breach of these Terms, unauthorised, fraudulent or otherwise unlawful. Without limiting the foregoing, Carousell shall have such rights in any of the following events: (a) the aggregate amount of stored value held by Carousell Coins, directly or indirectly, alone or together with any person over whom Carousell has control or influence, to exceed S$30 million; or (b) the amount of Carousell Coins held by you equals to or exceeds S$1,000, notwithstanding Clause 8.3 below .
- b. Carousell Coins can only be used in the jurisdiction it was purchased in (i.e. Carousell Coins purchased in: (i) Singapore can only be used in Singapore; (ii) Malaysia can only be used in Malaysia; and (iii) Carousell Coins purchased in Hong Kong can only be used in Hong Kong.
- c. Carousell Coins are only valid for one (1) year from the date of their purchase, unless otherwise stated in the relevant terms and conditions at the point of purchase and/or allocation (the “CC Validity Period”). The expiry date set out in your Account shall serve as conclusive evidence of the expiry date of your Carousell Coins. Thereafter, the Carousell Coins shall be deemed expired and will be cancelled immediately and without further notice. Carousell reserves the right to deal with the expired Carousell Coins in such manner as it deems fit in its absolute discretion and may at its discretion from time to time vary the CC Validity Period. You hereby agree that you will have no claim whatsoever against Carousell for any expired Carousell Coins. For the avoidance of doubt, any such expired Carousell Coins are non-refundable.
- d. Carousell Coins may not be re-sold and unless required by law, are non-refundable and may not be exchanged and/or redeemed for cash or credit balance or transferred for value under any circumstances. For the avoidance of doubt, there will be no refunds in the event that: (i) your Account is suspended or terminated due to a breach of these Terms; and/or (ii) any Content has been removed in accordance with these Terms.
- e. Carousell reserves the right to correct the balance of your Carousell Coins if we believe that an error, including clerical error, has occurred. Carousell may also, in its discretion, allocate Carousell Coins to you at no cost to you (“Free Carousell Coins”), subject to any additional terms and conditions. Carousell reserves the right to withdraw, amend and/or alter any part of or the whole terms and conditions of such Free Carousell Coins, at any time without giving prior notice or compensate in cash or in kind.
- f. You are responsible for all purchases using your Carousell Coins, including unauthorised transactions.
- g. Notwithstanding Clause 9.3 below, the maximum amount of Carousell Coins that you can hold at any given time is S$1,000.
9.2 Purchase of Carousell Coins
You may purchase Carousell Coins by using a credit card, debit card, cheque or by way of telegraphic or other electronic means of transfer. You may also purchase Carousell Coins through any of the methods as may be made available on the Platforms or as may be notified to you from time to time.
9.3 Carousell Coins of more than S$1,000
Your Account shall not be able to contain stored value of more than S$1,000, unless expressly permitted by Carousell and subject to the terms and conditions as provided in this Clause 8.3.
You acknowledge and agree that Carousell shall have the right (but not the obligation) to permit the you to hold stored value of more than S$1,000 in your Account provided that Carousell (or where applicable, any third parties appointed by Carousell for the purposes thereof) shall:
- a. perform and you shall co-operate and assist in the performance of, the due diligence exercise to be carried out on you, pursuant to the requirements of the MAS Notice PSOA-N02 issued by the The Monetary Authority of Singapore, including without limitation, the establishment and verification of information in respect of the following, using reliable and independent sources, and retention of reference documents used in such verification:
- where you are representing an Entity, the identities of all directors, partners and persons having executive authority as if such persons were themselves a user;
- your identity (as well as identity and authority of any agent and/or natural person appointed by you to act on your behalf in relation to your Account); and
- the existence of any beneficial owner in relation to your Account and if so, the identity of each such beneficial owner;
- b. upon each request for a purchase, top-up and/or redemption of Carousell Coins (“Carousell Coin Transaction”), review earlier Carousell Coin Transactions to ensure that the current Carousell Coin Transaction is consistent with such earlier Carousell Coin Transactions, with special attention to unusual, complex or unusually large Carousell Coin Transactions; and
- c. maintain records of all information identifying you, your account information, business correspondence, and information needed to explain and reconstruct any Carousell Coin Transaction relating to your Account for a period of at least six (6) years following termination of your Account or such time period as required by law;
You can read more about Carousell Coins in this Help article.
10. Disputes with users
If you are in dispute with a user of our Services, you are encouraged to contact that user to resolve the situation amicably. If the dispute is notified to Carousell, Carousell will attempt in good faith to facilitate resolution of the dispute but is under no obligation to resolve the same. You release Carousell from any claims, demands and damage arising out of your disputes with users of our Services.
12. Intellectual Property
You acknowledge and agree that the Services and all copyright, patents, trademarks, trade secrets and other intellectual property rights associated therewith are, and shall remain, the property of Carousell. Furthermore, you acknowledge and agree that the source and object code of the Services and the format, directories, queries, algorithms, structure and organization of the Services are the intellectual property and proprietary and confidential information of Carousell. You are not granted any intellectual property rights in and to the Services not expressly granted in these Terms and such rights are hereby reserved and retained by Carousell.
The Services may utilise or include third party software that is subject to open source and third party licence terms (“Third Party Software”). You acknowledge and agree that your right to use such Third Party Software as part of the Services is subject to and governed by the terms and conditions of the open source and third party licenses applicable to such Third Party Software, including, without limitation, any applicable acknowledgements, licence terms and disclaimers contained therein. In the event of a conflict between these Terms and the terms of such open source or third party licences, the terms of the open source or third party licences shall prevail with regard to your use of the relevant third party software. In no event shall the Services or components thereof be deemed to be open source or publicly available software.
You are not authorised by Carousell to use Carousell’s trademarks in any advertising, publicity or in any other commercial manner without the prior written consent of Carousell, which may be withheld for any or no reason.
13. Reporting Unauthorised Content
Carousell respects the intellectual property rights of others and we expect the same of our users. If you believe that there has been unauthorised use of your intellectual property rights by a user, please follow the steps provided here to report the same to us.
Carousell reserves the right to suspend or terminate your account and/or your access to the Services if there are repeat complaints against you of intellectual property infringement.
14. Suspension and Termination
You may deactivate your Account at any time through the “Settings” section of your Account.
Carousell reserves the right to, at its sole discretion, and without liability:
- Suspend or terminate your Account and/or your access to the Services at any time, for any reason, and without advance notice.
- Change, modify, suspend or discontinue, whether temporarily or permanently, the whole or any part of the Services at any time, for any reason, and without advance notice.
You acknowledge and agree that if you deactivate your Account or if we suspend or terminate your Account, you will lose any information associated with your Account, including Content. It is your responsibility to backup the Content which you upload to the Services.
Upon termination, all licenses and rights granted to you in these Terms will immediately cease.
15. No Warranty
You acknowledge and agree that the Services are provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis, and that your use of or reliance upon the Services and any content, products or services accessed or obtained thereby is at your sole risk and discretion.
Carousell does not represent or warrant that: (a) the use of the Services will be secure, timely, uninterrupted or error free or that they will be compatible or operate in combination with any other hardware, software, system or data; (b) the Services will meet your requirements or expectations; (c) errors or defects in the Services will be corrected; or (d) the Services and Carousell’s servers are free of viruses or other harmful components.
All conditions, representations and warranties, whether express, implied, statutory or otherwise, including, without limitation, any implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement, are hereby excluded and disclaimed to the fullest extent permitted under the law.
The Services may be subject to limitations, delays, and other problems inherent in the use of the Internet and electronic communications (including problems inherent to the computer or electronic device you use). Carousell is not responsible for any delays, delivery failures, damages, or losses resulting from such problems.
No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by you from Carousell or from the Services shall create any representation, warranty or guarantee. Furthermore, you acknowledge that Carousell has no obligation to support or maintain the Services.
Carousell disclaims any and all liability or responsibility in relation to the content made available through the Services, including but not limited to the Content uploaded by users or the third party content and services. Carousell is not responsible or liable in any manner for the third party content and services associated with or utilized in connection with the Services, including the failure of such third party content and services.
16. Limitation of Liability
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOUR ONLY RIGHT WITH RESPECT TO ANY PROBLEMS OR DISSATISFACTION WITH THE SERVICES IS TO REQUEST FOR TERMINATION OF YOUR ACCOUNT AND/OR DISCONTINUE ANY USE OF THE SERVICES.
IN NO EVENT SHALL CAROUSELL OR ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, PARTNERS, SUPPLIERS OR LICENSORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR ACCESS OR USE OF OR INABILITY TO ACCESS OR USE THE SERVICES OR ANY THIRD PARTY CONTENT AND SERVICES, OR ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR CONDUCT OR THE CONDUCT OF OTHER USERS IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF THE SERVICES INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION DEATH, BODILY INJURY, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS AND/OR OTHER DAMAGES RESULTING FROM COMMUNICATIONS OR MEETINGS WITH OTHER USERS OR PERSONS YOU MEET THROUGH THE SERVICES, WHETHER OR NOT THE DAMAGES WERE FORESEEABLE AND WHETHER OR NOT CAROUSELL WAS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, CAROUSELL’S AGGREGATE LIABILITY TO YOU (WHETHER UNDER CONTRACT, TORT, STATUTE OR OTHERWISE) SHALL NOT EXCEED THE AMOUNT OF FEES RECEIVED BY CAROUSELL IN RESPECT OF THE SERVICES GIVING RISE TO SUCH CLAIMS OR, WHERE RELEVANT, SHALL NOT EXCEED THE AMOUNT OF SINGAPORE DOLLARS THEN STANDING TO THE CAROUSELL COINS IN YOUR ACCOUNT. THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS WILL APPLY EVEN IF THE ABOVE STATED REMEDY FAILS OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.
You will indemnify and hold harmless Carousell, its subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, suppliers, licensors, shareholders, officers, employees, independent contractors and agents and all successors and/or assigns from and against any and all actions, claims, proceedings, damages, losses, costs and expenses resulting from: (a) your use of the Services; (b) your Content; (c) any use of your Account; (d) your breach of these Terms; (e) your breach of any statutory requirement, duty or law; or (f) your violation of any rights of another person or entity.
Carousell does not warrant that the Services will be compatible or interoperable with your device or any other piece of hardware, software, equipment or device installed on or used in connection with your device. Furthermore, you acknowledge that compatibility and interoperability problems can cause the performance of your device to diminish or fail completely, and may result in permanent damage to your device, loss of data located on your device, and corruption of the software and files located on your device. You acknowledge and agree that Carousell and its subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, suppliers and licensors shall have no liability to you for any losses suffered resulting from or arising in connection with compatibility or interoperability problems.
You and Carousell are independent contractors, and no agency, partnership, joint venture, employee-employer or franchiser-franchisee relationship is intended or created by these Terms.
If any provision of these Terms is held unenforceable, then such provision will be modified to reflect the parties' intention. All remaining provisions of these Terms shall remain in full force and effect.
Except as provided herein, any failure by Carousell to exercise a right or require performance of an obligation in these Terms shall not affect Carousell’s ability to exercise such right or require such performance at any time thereafter nor shall the waiver of a breach of these Terms constitute a waiver of any subsequent breach.
You shall not assign any rights or delegate any obligations herein without our prior written consent and any attempted assignment or delegation in contravention of this provision shall be null and void and of no force or effect.
These Terms constitute the entire agreement between you and Carousell and supersedes all prior or contemporaneous understandings and/or agreements between you and Carousell.
20. Governing Law and Jurisdiction
You hereby agree that the laws of Singapore shall govern this Terms and that the courts of Singapore shall have non-exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute arising out of or in connection with these Terms.
Effective on January 18, 2018