Beware of fake orders claiming to be under Buyer Protection or orders with the 'Buy' button. As a seller, you would never need to leave the app, send your email address or mobile number to receive payment. If you're being asked to enter your credit/debit card details to receive payment, do not proceed and report the user to us immediately.
Read more about Phishing scams here.
How do I Transfer Balance to my bank account?
Please ensure you have set up your Balance before you transfer the funds to your bank account.
Here are the steps to transfer your Balance to your bank account:
- Go to your profile ('Me' tab)
- Go to 'Balance'
- If this is your first time, tap on the Settings icon on the top right-hand corner. You will be required to Verify your Identity and add your default transfer method.
- You must provide all the information required in the form and acknowledge the Terms of Service to successfully verify. The verification process is required by our payments partner, Stripe in order to allow you to withdraw your balance. It is only a one time process and you will not be required to do so for subsequent withdrawals.
- Next, add your bank account. This will be the bank account where the money is transferred to
- Go back to 'My Balance' page
- Tap 'Transfer to bank account'
It takes about 1-3 working days for the money to be transferred to the bank account.
For example, if you've initiated the transfer on Thursday, the amount will be reflected in your bank account by the end of next Tuesday.
Can l transfer foreign currency funds from Balance to my local bank account?
No, you can only transfer transactions made in local currency. Transactions with the 'Buy' button are only supported in the markets where the item is list in.
For example, if you’ve listed and sold an item in the Malaysia marketplace and received Malaysian ringgit in your Balance, you need to add Malaysian local bank account in order to transfer funds.
If you listed and sold items in the Singapore marketplace and received Singapore dollars in your Balance, you need to add a Singapore local bank account or debit card in order to transfer funds.