This guide is here to empower sellers like you to create more pleasant selling experiences. Following these guidelines would reduce miscommunication between you and your buyers, so your Carousell deals go smoothly!
Best practices for selling: Setting up for success
- Provide detailed photos and descriptions: Take photos of the actual item instead of using stock images. Be sure to include details on the item’s condition or features. It’ll help you avoid disputes and protect you from abusive buyers. Check out more useful selling tips.
- Communicate clearly: Timely communication builds trust. Respond politely to sincere buyers, set expectations on the item’s condition, and give an estimate of how long it’ll take to deliver the order.
- Keep your listings updated: If your listing is no longer available, make sure to mark it as reserved or sold so buyers aren’t disappointed.
- Document everything: Chats, order information, tracking details, keep a record of them. It could be your shield against disputes. Better still, keep your deals and chats on Carousell so we can step in to help more easily.
- Get a written confirmation of delivery via Chat: This confirmation from the buyer can reduce the chances of them claiming that they haven’t received their order.
- Offer tracked delivery: Provide Carousell Official Delivery or other tracked couriers as delivery options, so buyers can track their order status on the platform.
- Reach out to Carousell Support if needed: In the unfortunate case where you deal with a buyer who violates our platform policies or is abusive, report them to us and we’ll look into it as soon as possible.
Best practices for shipping: Shipping with confidence
- Provide quality packaging: Use appropriate packaging materials, and add cushioning to make sure the items are protected during delivery. Seal your package securely to prevent tampering.
- Attach shipping labels securely: Make sure your shipping labels will not fall off during delivery! If the courier is printing the label for you, check it to make sure the details are correct.
- Double and triple check before shipping: Make sure that everything is in order—pack the right items and indicate the right address. You can even take a photo or video of the items inside of the packaging as proof, in case of disputes.
- Choose reliable couriers: Tracked couriers are always preferred. Carousell Official Delivery even comes with insurance coverage (capped at $100), in case the parcel is damaged during delivery.
- Communicate with buyers: Inform buyers once you’ve shipped their order, and provide the tracking code (if any) and estimated delivery date. If you expect delays or need more time to ship, let buyers know in advance.
By following these guidelines, you contribute to smoother deals on Carousell, and more happy experiences all around! Of course, if things go wrong despite you following these guidelines, our support team will be here for you.