For PosLaju integrated shipping on Carousell:
- Buyer to raise a dispute in the chat by tapping on 'Raise an issue' within the same day* of receiving the damaged parcel
- Submit photo evidence of damaged parcel to seller in chat
- Seller to submit a report to PosLaju within 48h of buyer receiving the parcel* by chatting with them here
- After submitting your report, you should receive a case number from PosLaju
- Reach out to Carousell Support Team and provide us with your case number
- Carousell will get in touch with you and keep you updated via email
Note that PosLaju may ask you to submit supporting document for claim process:
- Copy of MyKad / Passport
- Photo of the packaging and damage item i.e depicting the damage and its specifications
The maximum compensation is RM300 or value of the item (whichever is lower).
*As PosLaju has a 48h from when parcel was received to raise issues, any delays caused by either parties would affect the ruling of the dispute – buyers who fail to adhere to the given deadline may not be refunded, and sellers who fail to adhere to the given deadline may not be compensated accordingly.
For other shipping methods / Custom courier (Seller arrange):
- Take a picture of damaged parcel and share with seller
- Buyer to 'Raise an issue' on Carousell app
- Buyer and seller to resolve the issue via Carousell chat over the next 7 days
- Buyer/seller should consult the courier selected and follow compensation instructions given by the courier. Both parties are advised to do this as soon as possible, as most couriers would have a stipulated time frame for issues to be raised.
- For issues not resolved within 7 days, it'll be escalated to the Carousell team automatically and we'll step in to assist