By submitting your curriculum vitae and application for employment, whether directly to Carousell Pte. Ltd. or indirectly, including but not limited through an external recruiter, you agree that Carousell Pte. Ltd. and its subsidiaries, affiliates/related corporations (collectively, "Carousell"), may collect, use and disclose your curriculum vitae and any other personal data provided by you for the following purposes ("Purposes")
- facilitating, processing, administering, managing, maintaining and/or terminating your application for employment with Carousell;
- evaluating and determining your suitability for employment with Carousell (including conducting technical skill assessments), carrying out due diligence or other screening activities as may be required in relation to your application for employment, (including background checks) in accordance with legal or regulatory obligations (whether based on Singapore law or non-Singapore law) which Carousell is expected or required to comply with or our risk management procedures that may be required by law (whether Singapore or a foreign law) or that may have been put in place by us;
- to conduct reference checks in accordance with Carousell's relevant policies;
- to be contacted via electronic mail, text message and voice call to receive updates in relation to your application for employment;
- to consider your curriculum vitae for positions other than those which you have applied; and
- to be contacted in connection with ongoing recruitment opportunities;
You further agree that:
(a) Carousell may share such information and personal data with any third party service providers who will assist us to and/or perform certain aspects in relation to the Purposes (as the case may be), such as providing reference checks, technical skill assessment services or screening services. Such third parties will only have access to your personal data to the extent necessary to perform their functions;
(b) the said third party service providers may share any information and personal data provided to them through other sources (the "Third Party Data") with Carousell for the Purposes; and
The third party vendors that we work with are:
You may find the privacy policies of our third party vendors as follows:
By providing us with any information relating to a third party (e.g. information of the individual you are representing, your spouse, children, parents, and/or referees), you represent to us that you have validly obtained the consent of the third party to provide us with their information for the respective purposes.
If your application is unsuccessful, Carousell may continue retain and use your personal data solely for the following purposes (“Additional Purposes”) for a period of no more than three (3) years:
(a) deal with any matter which may arise in connection with your application; and
(b) contact you in connection with ongoing recruitment opportunities, including positions other than what you have applied for.
Accessing and updating your information
By giving your consent, you agree to your data being used in conjunction with the above Purposes and Additional Purposes. In order to maximize your opportunities to work with Carousell, you are encouraged to keep the information provided to us up-to-date at all times. You are responsible for ensuring that the personal data is correct and true.
If you wish to:
(a) apply for a copy of the information we hold about you; or
(b) withdraw consent you previously provided to us to use, collect or disclose the information we hold about you; or
(c) request for an update of or deletion of the data you previously provided to us to use, collect or disclose the information we hold about you;
please contact our Personal Data Protection Officer by sending an email to email@example.com. Your indication at the subject header would assist us in attending to your email speedily by passing it on to the relevant staff in our organisation. For example, you could insert the subject header as "Withdrawing Consent as a Candidate".
Please allow us a reasonable period of time to respond to any request and effect any change. We may ask to verify your identity and for more information about your request. Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request and may give you reasons for doing so.
Where you have requested for a copy of the information we hold about you, we may charge a reasonable administrative fee to cover the costs of responding to your request. If we decide to do so, we will provide you with a written estimate of such fee beforehand.
If you have any questions, complaints, concerns or comments on our data protection practices, we welcome you to contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last updated on 28 August 2023