From 11 December 2023, each seller will have a monthly limit on the number of unique buyers you can reply to in each category. Each new buyer you reply to will count as a reply quota.
Your quota will refresh on a fixed day of every month, the day depends on when the quota was first consumed. If quota consumption day is on the 31st of any month, quota refresh day will default to the last day of every month.
Reply quota per category as of Dec 2023
Use your reply quota when:
- You reply to a chat from a new buyer for the first time, or
- You accept/reject an offer from a new buyer
Once a seller has consumed quota for a specific buyer, all subsequent conversations with the same buyer will not consume any new quota. This is regardless of listings, category, or time period.
Reply quota will not be consumed if:
- You had replied a previous chat with the same buyer on any listings
- You do not reply to the new buyer chat
- You have an active Shoutout campaign running
- Chat was replied through auto replies (CarouBiz)
- Chat is with @carousell_assistant
- Listing is a Certified listing
- Listing has a running Spotlight campaign
- Listing was bumped within the last 2 days
What will happen to my current chats with buyers before 11 Dec 2023?
If you engage in a chat with a buyer with whom you've interacted with in the last three months from 11 Dec, responding to these conversations will not be considered as part of your reply quota. This means that you can reply freely to your familiar buyers!
How do I check my quota?
We will notify you when you've consumed 80% or more of your reply quota in any category, or if you've reached your quota limits. By clicking on the info icon in the banner, it will also provide a further breakdown of categories where you have consumed quota. If you do not see this banner, rest assured – you still have a substantial amount of free reply quota available!
What happens when I have hit my quota?
Chats from new buyers will be greyed out and have an ‘On hold’ tag.
If it is the first time you have reach your quota, a 1-month grace period with unlimited quota will be granted. During this period, you may proceed to click on the 'On hold' chats and continue chatting with new buyers until your next quota refresh date.
If you have reached your quota more than once, you will not be able to reply to new buyer chats until you have unlocked unlimited quota or wait for your next quota refresh date.
What if I want to reply more than the allocated amount of quota for the category or get an unlimited quota?
You have 3 options:
- Wait for your monthly quota to refresh
- Subscribe to Growing CarouBiz and above to receive unlimited reply quota as a benefit along with other premium seller tools - you may refer to our CarouBiz article for more details.
Buy a Coin bundle which can be used to purchase Bumps, Spotlights, Shoutout or Category-based quota which comes with unlimited reply quota for a period of time.
Coin Bundle 136 272 410 640 1374 1833 3667 All other bundles Unlimited quota days 1 day 1 day 2 days 3 days 7 days 10 days 30 days 90 days
- The unlimited quota period will start from the day of purchase of Coins, and during this period, 1 day is equivalent to 24 hours.
- Unlimited quota days are stackable with each coin bundle purchased.
- eg. On 15 December, I purchased 137 coins at 1pm and 275 coins at 2pm. I will receive 2 days of unlimited quota which runs til 17 December 1pm.
- A seller can have a maximum of 90 days of unlimited quota at any point of time through Coin bundle purchases.
Will my unused reply quota accumulate?
Unused quota will not accumulate.
If the free reply quota is unused, it will reset to the original number of free quota on the next refresh date.
Can I transfer my reply quota to other categories?
Each quota is allocated to a specific category and is not transferable across categories.