The Act provides that the commodity labelling shall be on the commodity itself, packaging or instruction sheet.
The label of the commodities shall include the following:
1. Name of the commodity.
2. In one of the following cases, the name, address and service telephone number of the domestic firm shall be labeled:
(1)Commodities manufactured domestically: the manufacturer, contractor or distributor.
(2)Imported commodities: the importer or distributor.
3. Place of origin.
4. Major components/ingredients or materials.
5. Net weight, volume, quantity, or measure, etc. to be labeled in statutory measurements. However, if other laws provide otherwise, or if there is no other law that provides for this but there is a customary measurement unit in use internationally, the law or custom shall apply.
6. “Year, month” or “year, week” of manufacturing in Chinese calendar or Gregorian calendar. If it is time-sensitive, the expiration date or period of validity shall be labeled.
7. Other items as announced by the central competent authority.
*In addition to labeling in accordance with Subparagraph 2 of the preceding Paragraph, imported commodities shall also be labeled with the foreign name of the foreign manufacturer or foreign contractor.
*In case of any change of the relevant information of the domestic firm under Subparagraph 2 of Paragraph 1 after labeling, the label of the commodity that are already introduced to the market for sale may remain unchanged and the change shall be made public in a way that consumers can be informed of at any time.
*When the manufacturing year and week is labeled in accordance with Subparagraph 6 of Paragraph 1, a written explanation shall be supplemented thereto.
Laws & Regulations: Commodity Labeling Act