commences on 16 May 2022 and ends on 31 October 2022 (both dates inclusive) (the “Campaign Period"). By participating in the Campaign, you accept and agree to abide by these terms & conditions (“Terms & Conditions”).
Hong Kong’s 2021-22 Budget had first announced that electronic consumption vouchers will be disbursed to eligible residents, so as to boost local consumption with a view to accelerate economic recovery. In March 2022, Hong Kong’s Financial Secretary announced the implementation of a new round of the Consumption Voucher Scheme (“Scheme”).
At Carousell, we want to drive value for all our users, and make buying and selling as frictionless an experience as possible. We have launched the “Consumption Voucher Scheme (消費券)” label, so that buyers can easily find merchants who accept the vouchers on Carousell, and drive more visibility for our sellers who are participating in the Scheme.
1. To qualify for the Campaign, you must:
a. be a legal registered merchant of Hong Kong S.A.R.;
b. have a Carousell account and located in Hong Kong;
c. be at least 18 years of age prior to the date of entry;
d. an active CarouBiz subscription; and
e. eligible under the applicable government regulations (more information can be accessible here - https://www.consumptionvoucher.gov.hk/,
(each, an “Eligible Carousell User”).
2. Each Eligible Carousell User will be able to indicate if ‘consumption vouchers’ are accepted as a method of payment on each of their relevant listings during the Campaign period.
3. Without limiting the generality of the above provision, Carousell reserves the right to remove any listing or “Consumption Voucher” labed of any Eligible Carousell User whose account is subsequently found to be suspended or terminated and/or any Eligible Carousell User it believes may be tampering with the entry or other operation of the Campaign; acting in violation of these Terms & Conditions and/or any of the applicable government regulations. Eligible Carousell Users whose accounts are otherwise suspended or terminated due to a breach of Carousell’s Terms of Service shall be disqualified and shall not be entitled to any payment or compensation whatsoever. Notwithstanding anything herein, Carousell has the discretion to determine the eligibility of any Carousell user and shall not be obliged to give any reason therefore. Carousell’s determination of an Eligible Carousell User shall be final, conclusive and binding. No correspondence or claims will be entertained.
4. You shall use best efforts to: (a) ensure that the “Consumption Voucher” toggle is only indicated for items where such consumption vouchers may be used on; and (b) be transparent with other users on the acceptance/use of the Consumption Vouchers for the relevant transaction. You are encouraged to always allow buyers to decide whether to continue the transaction before they make payment.
5. By entering the Campaign, you represent and warrant that you satisfy all eligibility requirements and you have provided true, complete, accurate information and related documents. False, incomplete or robotic entries will be disqualified. You further acknowledge and agree to provide Carousell, at any stage, with any other relevant documentation as may be reasonably required to be furnished for the Campaign. Eligible Carousell Users who fail to oblige shall have their eligibility revoked under this Campaign.
6. Carousell is not responsible for (a) any operation or transmission error, theft, unauthorised access to, or alteration of, entries and prizes; or (b) damage to any computer or device; or (c) other technical or human error in the receipt or processing of entries, or other submissions (whether to or from) or otherwise related to the production, promotion, administration or execution of the Campaign. Carousell shall not be responsible for any failure or delay in posting or submission of entries which may result in any Eligible Carousell User being omitted or disqualified from participating in the Campaign.
7. Carousell is not responsible for and does not participate, operate and/or control Scheme offered by the Hong Kong Government and the product and/or services offered by each Eligible Carousell User. The governing body or stored value facilities recognised under the Scheme may have its own terms and conditions to which you must agree to before you may use the Consumption Voucher. All policies and terms of such Eligible Carousell User will apply to you while on any of their sites. Carousell is not responsible for information provided to you by the Eligible Carousell User. Carousell and the Eligible Carousell User are independent contractors and neither party has authority to make any representations or commitments on behalf of the other. Any Eligible Carousell User related terms and conditions are to be entered into or are entered into between you and the relevant Eligible Carousell User and at your own risk. Any such terms and conditions are without warranties of any kind by Carousell and under no circumstances shall Carousell be liable for any claims and/or damages arising from the transaction or any information appearing on the Eligible Carousell User’s site(s) or any other site(s) linked to this Campaign.
processing your application and/or submission for the Campaign;
a. to announce the winner(s); and
b. to notify each winner to collect the prizes, gifts, and/or vouchers (via email).
9. You further agree that Carousell may collect, use and/or disclose your personal data to its partners/affiliates and/or other third party service providers that Carousell may engage from time to time for the purposes of:
a. sending you marketing and/or promotional materials on the latest products and services of Carousell or Carousell’s carefully selected third parties;
b. sending you occasional updates for special promotions, events and related activities organised or co-organised by Carousell. Carousell will not disclose your personal data to third parties except to its affiliated companies and its service providers for related purposes, or as required by law.
10. By participating in the Campaign, you will be deemed to have read, understood and agreed to be bound by these Terms & Conditions and any other requirements and exclusions set out in any related promotional material including but not limited to Carousell’s FAQ page, and all amendments, additions, replacements, modifications as may be made from time to time.
11. Carousell reserves the right to modify these Terms & Conditions and to suspend and/or terminate the Campaign without any notice or liability to any party.
12. If any part of the Terms & Conditions is found by a court of Hong Kong to be invalid, unlawful or unenforceable then such part shall be subjected to amendment or deletion from the remainder of the Terms & Conditions, which shall continue to be valid and enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by law.
13. A person who is not an Eligible Carousell User may not enforce any of these Terms & Conditions and notwithstanding any term herein, the consent of any third party is not required for any variation (including any release or compromise of any liability) or termination of these Terms and Conditions.
14. These Terms & Conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Hong Kong and you hereby submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Hong Kong.