If you have transactions in your pending balance that you wish to Withdraw, you will need to complete the Identity Verification and add a Withdrawal method (in the form of bank account or debit card). The Verification may take 1-3 business days.
Starting 30 May 2022, users will be redirected to a Stripe link to Verify your Identity. This is an updated requirement from Stripe, in order to comply with the Singapore’s Payment Services Act (PSA) 2019 and Notice PS-N01 whereby Stripe needs to conduct the verification flow and obtain the information directly from you. The verification process is done entirely on Stripe’s platform and once you have successfully completed the verification, you will have agreed to Stripe’s Terms of Service for data collection. Do note that Carousell does not retain or store any of your personal data that you have submitted to Stripe. .
Update: As of 1 Dec 2022, accounts with money in pending balance that exceeds more than 154 days without proceeding with Verification will not be allowed to Withdraw any balance automatically. If you experience an issue whereby you are unable to Withdraw your balance, please reach out to us to allow for this temporary lift in restrictions.
Please ensure that you have updated your app to the latest version in order to proceed with this new verification flow.
Here are the steps to Verify your Identity;
1. A pop-up notification will prompt you to update your details. Alternatively, you may go to your “Me” page and tap on the “Balance” icon to access your “Update Withdrawal details” page
2. Tap on “Withdraw” and you will be prompted to Verify your Identity and add in your Withdrawal method.
3. Tap on “Verify your Identity”. You will be redirected to the Stripe Verification page.
For Singapore Citizens, Permanent Residents, Passholders (e.g. Employment Pass, S-Pass etc) and Work Permit holders, we strongly encourage you to re-verify your identity on the Stripe portal by logging in via Singpass to retrieve your data and skip uploading documents at a later point.
For users who do not have a Singpass account, you may type in your personal details in the form provided and you will be required to upload a photo of your Identity Card/ Driver’s license/ Long term pass, Work permit and/or your bank statement showing your latest transactions. It is best to use the upload feature rather than to take a photo as there may be specific file type required that may not be in sync with your camera settings.
4. Verification may take 1-3 business days. Once Verified, you may add your bank account/ debit card details to Withdraw your balance.
5. You may check in on your Verification status via your Balance > Withdrawal details page. Successful verification will be updated with a Verified by Stripe badge. For unsuccessful verification, please reach out to us via Contact Support.
I have attempted the verification flow, however I am still unable to Withdraw my Balance. What should I do?
Your verification attempt may not be successfully accepted due to the following reasons;
- Your ID provided has expired.
- The information on your ID does not match the details you have keyed in; for example omitting any alias name that you may have stated in your ID. The name must be EXACTLY what is shown in your ID.
- Your ID is redacted, altered, or damaged
- You have uploaded a photocopied or scanned ID. The ID must be an actual photo.
- Your image uploaded is not in .png or . jpg format
If you are having issues with uploading your ID, you may refer to Stripe’s help page.
In the event that you have tried all troubleshooting methods as above yet your Verification status has not been updated, please reach out to us via Contact Support