The following cases are covered when you make a purchase using Carousell Protection:
- Tracked delivery* with a valid tracking code
- Item is not received
- Item was received but not as listed/described
- Item is broken or faulty
- Items is not authentic (InstantBuy Luxury only)
We encourage buyers and sellers to communicate via Carousell chat to resolve any issues amicably. However, if a resolution can't be reached, our Support Team will be there to assist.
For service-related transactions (e.g. online class), they must be conducted within 7 days upon payment.
Not Covered by Carousell Protection:
- Items mailed using untracked delivery
- Pre-order items
- Digital goods such as in-game credits, game accounts, top-up virtual credit, etc
- For tickets, vouchers and hotel bookings, we encourage buyers to verify its authenticity with the respective organisations and attend the event before the order is completed.
- Change of mind
- Items paid outside Carousell Protection (e.g. bank transfer)
- Items belong to Carousell’s list of prohibited items
- *Items that fall under the prohibited/no compensation items list of the courier service/tracked delivery service used
Is Carousell Protection safe? How am l protected?
Carousell Protection is designed to protect both buyers and sellers with their payments and transactions.
As a buyer using Carousell Protection, your payments will be held in trust and only released to the seller once you have confirmed that you have received the item in good condition.
Didn't receive the item as per its stated condition? Simply raise a return request and offer a simple resolution to your seller; either get your payments refunded or offer an exchange of items if eligible.