How does Carousell ensure a safe buying experience for buyers?
Transactions paid by Carousell are covered by Carousell Protection. If you pay through Carousell, Carousell Protection ensures the following for you:
1. If your item is not as described, doesn’t arrive or arrives damaged*, you will get a refund of the purchased item
2. Your payment will only be released after you verify that you have received the item as described by the seller
3. You can raise a return request or reach out to Contact Support and expect a reply within 48 hours if you encounter an issue with the item you purchased. Our support team will ensure each issue gets a resolution.
*The following cases constitutes the coverage provided by Carousell Protection:
- Item not received*
- Item received but not as listed/described
- Item is broken or faulty
- Item is not authentic (InstantBuy Luxury only)
We encourage buyers and sellers to communicate via Carousell chat to resolve any issues amicably. However, if a resolution can't be reached, our Support Team will be there to assist.
For service-related transactions (e.g. online class), they must be conducted within 7 days upon payment.
*the team will review the circumstances on a case-by-case basis. Refund value will be capped at courier compensation value for lost mail. Buyers are responsible to opt for a mailing method that provides coverage for the cost of item purchased.
Note what is Not Covered under Carousell Protection:
- Items that take more than 6 days to be shipped by the seller
- Digital goods such as in-game credits, game accounts, top-up virtual credit, etc
- For tickets, vouchers and hotel bookings, we encourage buyers to verify its authenticity with the respective organisations and attend the event before the order is completed.
- Change of mind
- Items paid outside Carousell Protection (e.g. bank transfer)
- Items belong to Carousell’s list of prohibited items
- *Items that fall under the prohibited/no compensation items list of the courier service/tracked delivery service used
How does Carousell Protection benefit sellers?
Carousell Protection is absolutely free for sellers!
As a seller, Carousell Protection ensures that you have your buyer’s commitment to the purchase!
When you sell with Carousell Protection:
- No more late payments from buyers. You will receive money once your buyer receives the item
- No extra costs for added protection. Carousell Protection is absolutely free for sellers.
- Protect your data. With Carousell Protection, you no longer have to expose your personal information when transacting with buyers.
- Fair resolution. Facing unresolved disputes? We'll step in to investigate your buyer's claim.
What happens when I receive an order request from a buyer through Carousell Protection?
This means that your buyer has committed to purchase your item at the listed amount and shipping cost (if applicable). As a seller, it is your responsibility to ensure that the item is available and ready to be shipped when enabling Carousell Protection on your listing. To arrange delivery, click on "Start delivery" and select your delivery provider from our list of delivery partners.
How do I use Carousell Protection for items that take more than 6 days to ship?
All items must be shipped within 6 days after the order is placed through Carousell Protection. We recommend you only mark your item as “Active” when you receive instocks to ensure a pleasant buying experience for your buyers.
Do note that rejecting the use of Carousell Protection, such as canceling multiple order requests can lead to a restriction or suspension of your account. For more information, you may read our terms and conditions here.