As a buyer, you can raise a dispute request easily with one tap from your deals detail page. You will see the option to Return/Refund once the item is on the way or once meet-up has been scheduled.
Note the timelines for when a dispute can be raised/ before the order is automatically completed:
- For Tracked Mail: 2-3 days after delivery date
- For Untracked Mail (i.e tracking does not appear on app): 6 days after expected delivery date
- For Meet-Ups: 13 days after the confirmed meet-up date (Seller would need to tap on 'Confirm Meet-up' on their end)
A Return/Refund request is NOT accepted after you have tapped on 'Item Received' or if the order has been marked as completed based on the timeline above.
To raise a return,
1. Go to your profile > click on “Purchases”, or you can tap on Order details from Chat
2. Scroll to the bottom of the Order details page to find the 'Return/Refund' button
If you are unable to find the return button, it could be due to:
- The dispute window has expired
- The Order status has changed to completed (Orders will be marked auto-complete once the dispute window expires)
- You have previously tapped on 'Order Received' which will mark the transaction as 'Complete'
Note that once order status has changed to 'Complete' you will no longer be able to raise a Return/Refund request. The payment that you have made will be released to your seller when an order is completed.
3. Select the item/s which you wish to Return/Refund. Ensure that you check all the items in the Order as you can only raise a request once!
4. Select the reason for return. Upload photos and provide us details to justify your return. Your return request may be rejected if details are not furnished.
5. Confirm to submit the return request
6. Our support team will also reach out to you within 24 hours to evaluate the return request and advise you on the subsequent steps. We will reach out to you via your registered email address.
You can view your return request from My purchases - Returned tab or from your Chat.
7. Tap on 'View request' to review the details that you have submitted. You may cancel your request if you change your mind or if you have resolved the dispute with the seller through chat
8. Once Carousell has come to a decision on the outcome of the dispute, you will be updated via Updates > For action tab as well as from your profile page under My purchases > Returns tab > Order details page.
The resolution outcome may come in the form of:
i. Full refund with returns
ii. Full refund without returns
iii. Partial refund
iv. dispute declined as it is not covered under our Buyer Protection policy
For cases where a Full refund with returns is issued, you will need to arrange for the shipment of the item back to the seller. You may opt for Doorstep pick-up (via Carousell delivery partner), arrange delivery yourself via a preferred courier or meet-up. You have 2 days to select the return method, else your return request will be cancelled. You will only be refunded once item has been returned to the seller. Read more on the step-by-step for Full refund with returns.
For a Full refund without returns and/or partial refund*, once outcome is ruled by Carousell, you will be immediately refunded. No further action is required from you.
*Both parties must be agreeable to a final amount before a partial refund can be processed. The final amount agreed upon for refund would be a fixed amount that would not include any additional fees or charges.
In the event that Carousell has ruled that it is an invalid dispute, the return/refund request will be declined. Once the request is declined, you will not be able to raise a return/refund again.