Hey Carousellers, we’ve compiled several frequently asked questions related to payments for CarouBiz subscriptions.
How do I pay for a CarouBiz subscription?
- If you’re subscribing from the app, ensure that you’re on the latest version of Carousell
- Go to ‘CarouBiz’ on your profile
- Select your preferred CarouBiz plan
- Your Apple App Store/Google Play Store will pop up if it is set up with a valid Credit Card linked to it. If not, you will be prompted to add a payment method.
- Click on ‘Subscribe’ (Android) or 'Confirm' (iOS) and you are all set to use CarouBiz.
Like most other subscriptions, CarouBiz subscription renews automatically unless you cancel it.
Can I get a refund for my CarouBiz subscription?
CarouBiz subscriptions are non-refundable, as stated in our Carousell Terms and Conditions.
There will also be no refunds of any Carousell Fees in the event that: (i) your Carousell account (“Account”) is suspended or terminated due to a breach of these Terms; and/or (ii) any Content has been removed in accordance with Carousell’s Terms of Service.
How do I upgrade or downgrade my CarouBiz?
Ensure that you’re using the latest version of the Carousell app.
- On your profile page, tap on your CarouBiz menu
- On the app, find the three dots menu button at the top-right corner of the screen.
- Select ‘Change subscription’ to see the available plans
- Select a plan via ‘Subscribe now’ and proceed to make a purchase.
- Once done, the new plan will be reflected your CarouBiz menu
Note that you’ll only be able to view and manage CarouBiz on the same platform (iOS/Android) you’ve subscribed to CarouBiz from.
What happens when I upgrade or downgrade my CarouBiz plan?
For upgrades, the new plan benefits will apply immediately. The billing date will be based on this new date. You will see a pro-rated addition of Coins to your account. A pro-rated refund of the older package will also be given back to your mode of payment.
For downgrades, you’ll enjoy the benefits of your existing plan till your next billing date.
How do I cancel my current CarouBiz subscription?
Important note: To successfully cancel your CarouBiz subscription, note that you'll have to unsubscribe via the same platform that you've subscribed to CarouBiz. For example, if you subscribed to CarouBiz via your mobile device, you may cancel it via App/Play Store.
For both iOS and Android, you can only cancel by going to the App Store (iOS) and Google Play Store (Android) subscriptions page. iOS and Android don’t currently allow for subscriptions to be cancelled within the Carousell app.
After cancelling, CarouBiz will remain active until it reaches the expiration date. This means you’ll still have access to the CarouBiz features until the end of the billing period. When the subscription expires, the CarouBiz features will be disabled and you won’t be billed again unless you reactivate it.
- Open the Settings app.
- Tap your name.
- Tap Subscriptions. (If you don't see "Subscriptions," tap "iTunes & App Store" instead. Then tap your Apple ID, tap View Apple ID, sign in, scroll down to Subscriptions, and tap Subscriptions.)
- Tap the subscription that you want to manage.
- Tap Cancel Subscription. If you don’t see Cancel Subscription, the subscription is already cancelled and won't renew.
You may also refer to Apple's support guide to cancel your subscription.
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google Play Store
- Check if you’re signed in to the correct Google Account
- Tap Menu Subscriptions
- Select the subscription you want to cancel
- Tap Cancel subscription
- Follow the instructions
You may also refer to Google Play's support guide for managing subscriptions.
Where can I see the expiration date of my CarouBiz subscription?
You can see the expiration date under the ‘Subscriptions’ tab in either the App Store (iOS) or Google Play Store (Android).
Can I do a transfer of ownership of my CarouBiz subscription?
No. You will not be able to transfer ownership of your CarouBiz subscription to any other user.
How can I pay for my subscription with cash?
There is no way to purchase using cash. All payments for in-app subscriptions will be handled by Apple or Google, depending on the device you’re using.
I'm seeing a different currency from the country I'm located in. How do I switch it?
Follow the steps on Apple's article to change your Apple ID country or region.
Follow the steps on Google's article to change your Google Play country.
If you have more questions about your CarouBiz subscription, feel free to contact our team.