Received an email from "Carousell" linking to a third-party website that is asking for your email address, password or any other personal information? Worried about the possibility of your account being taken over by bad actors?
Learn 3 tips on how to keep your account safe!
1. Set a unique and strong password. Don’t use the same password across different platforms.
2. Beware of fake links in emails and text messages, especially any that appear to be from ‘Carousell’. If the email links to a URL that you don't recognise, don't tap or click it. If you did already, do not enter any personal information on the website that opened. Here are some tips on how to identify such scams:
a. Carousell will never request for your password or OTP through 3rd party websites.
b. Emails from Carousell about your account always come from @carousell.com. Check the sender's email address and ensure that there are no spelling errors.
c. Other than on our own website (http://carousell.com/) or links found in our Help Centre, we will never direct you to websites to key in details on your email address, Password, Credit or debit card number, Mobile number.
d. Carousell will never request for payment through a 3rd party vendor or website. Any payment to be processed is only made through the app.
When in doubt, always reach out to our team to confirm if a link/email really came from Carousell!
3. Trust your instincts and don’t take any chances. Beware of emails or messages that sound urgent or serious. Be extra alert when you receive an email requesting personal information.
What should I do if I clicked a link or provided personal information?
1. Change your Carousell password to a new one that is strong and unique to Carousell
2. Update your password on any websites where you used the same email and password combination
3. Contact your financial institution if you entered any payment information, as it may have been compromised
- We strongly encourage checking your bank statement and to contact your financial institution immediately, if you see any suspicious transactions made
4. Send us a screenshot of the email you received, with the sender and link visible through our chat support or submit a request to us.
Please contact us if you think your email was changed without your permission so we can help you change it back.