In-app Payment Usage Policy
The In-app Payment Usage Policy aims to set out the scope of activities that are prohibited when using our in-app payment system. This policy is in place to provide our buyers with a reliable and trusted shopping experience on our platform. This policy is applicable to you, as long as you have enabled in-app payment for your listing(s).
When Buyers opt for payment through the in-app payment system, Sellers are not allowed to:
- induce buyers to conduct offline transactions;
- use the services in a way that circumvents or is in breach of any Carousell Protection policies and guidelines, including committing an act to avoid paying any applicable fees and/or charge;
- encourage anyone to do any of the foregoing; or
- to cancel orders which results in any of the foregoing.
This means that when the transaction originates from the Carousell platform and the buyer has selected to pay through the in-app payment system, but as a result of the inducement of the seller, the transaction is completed outside of the Carousell platform.
Sellers who are deemed to have violated this policy by inducing buyers to execute offline transactions shall be penalised by Carousell. Depending on the severity of your violation, Carousell reserves the right to impose measures such as and not limited to the removal of your listing(s), restricting your Account rights and/or suspending your Account.
An example of a prohibited activity:
- A buyer taps on “Buy" and creates an order successfully. Seller cancels the order/waits for the order to expire and requests for the buyer to complete the transaction through another payment method.