TERMS AND CONDITIONS
INSTANTBUY TECH 7-DAY RETURN POLICY
Under our InstantBuy Tech Program, your satisfaction is our top priority!
You can return your Product for free if you encounter the following:
- The Product received is different from the listing description
You will need to ensure that the Product is sent back in the same condition it was delivered, and includes all tags, labels and/or accessories it came with.
- The Product received is defective, damaged and/or faulty
You will need to ensure that the Product is sent back with all tags, labels and/or accessories it came with.
The Return Policy is only applicable for orders transacted on Carousell with Carousell Protection or the deal method "Pay on Delivery". The seven (7) days return period (“Return Period”) shall commence on the date of delivery of the Product(s).
If you encounter any issues with your return, feel free to reach out to our Support Team and we will get back to you within 48 hours. Carousell shall have the right to make the full and final determination of any dispute in relation to the Return Policy.
ADDITIONAL WARRANTY PROGRAM
This Additional Warranty is provided under the InstantBuy Tech Program.
- Additional Warranty Period
In addition to the one month warranty provided to you for all Products sold with InstantBuy found here, for a warranty fee (as set out in clause 4A below), you shall be entitled to an additional warranty for defects for an extended period depending on the warranty package you purchase.
- What is covered by this Additional Warranty?
The Additional Warranty covers defects in materials and workmanship under normal use for the Additional Warranty period.
The Additional Warranty covers the repair of the Product using new or previously used parts that are equivalent to new in performance and reliability.
You shall only be entitled to a maximum of two (2) Additional Warranty claims during the Additional Warranty period, and taken in aggregate capped at the price of the Product paid by you. All Additional Warranty claims must follow the procedures set out in clause 4 and be submitted and approved by the vendor to be valid.
Please note: All claims made under the Additional Warranty will be governed by the terms set out in this warranty document.
- What is not covered by Additional Warranty?
This Additional Warranty does not cover Products purchased outside of Carousell’s InstantBuy Program. This Additional Warranty does not apply to, and the term “Product” shall not include, (a) any consumable parts of the Product (e.g. batteries), or (b) software, even if packaged or sold with the Product or embedded in the Product (.e.g. firmware and/or system software) (“Seller Software”). Please refer to the applicable licensing agreement, if any, that covers such Seller Software for details of your rights with respect to its use.
The Additional Warranty does not apply to any:
- damage to the Product(s) caused by use with third party products;
- damage to the Product(s) caused by accident, abuse, misuse, spillage of food or liquid or other external causes, including but not limited to fire or an act of God, such as a flood;
- damage to the Product(s) caused by abnormal use of the Product(s), outside the permitted or intended uses described by the vendor;
- damage to the Product(s) caused by failure to follow instructions relating to the vendor’s use, or use of improper voltage or power supply;
- damage to the Product(s) caused by service performed by anyone who is not a representative of the vendor and/or Carousell;
- cosmetic damage to the Product(s), including but not limited to scratches or dents;
- defects or parts requiring replacement due to ordinary wear and tear, corrosion, rust or stains, scratches, dents on the casing or paintwork of the Product(s);
- repair pre-existing conditions of the Product(s) disclosed at the time of purchase;
- to repair any damage to Product(s) with a serial number that has been altered, defaced or removed;
- to replace Product(s) that is lost or stolen; and/or
- Product(s) which have been re-sold during the Additional Warranty period.
herein referred to as (“Exclusions”).
- Your responsibilities
Recovery and reinstallation of software programs and user data are not covered under this Additional Warranty. YOU SHOULD MAKE PERIODIC BACKUP COPIES OF THE INFORMATION CONTAINED ON THE STORAGE MEDIA TO PROTECT THE CONTENTS AND AS A PRECAUTION AGAINST POSSIBLE OPERATIONAL FAILURES. It is likely that such data, software, or other materials will be lost or reformatted during the performance of any warranty service, and the vendor and/or Carousell will not be responsible for any such damage or loss.
DURING WARRANTY SERVICE IT IS POSSIBLE THAT THE CONTENTS OF THE PRODUCT’S STORAGE MEDIA WILL BE LOST, REPLACED OR REFORMATTED. IN SUCH AN EVENT THE VENDOR AND/OR CAROUSELL ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LOSS OF SOFTWARE PROGRAMS, DATA OR OTHER INFORMATION CONTAINED ON THE STORAGE MEDIA OR ANY OTHER PART OF THE PRODUCT SERVICED.
If you wish to receive the Additional Warranty service, you will required to do the following:
- provide to the vendor and/or Carousell a digital and physical receipt and/or invoice of your purchase of the Product(s) which includes both the IMEI number of the phone and the Carousell prescribed order number;
- Arrange for the Product to be sent back to the vendor for inspection. If you are sending the Product by shipping, you will be fully responsible for products or parts that are lost or damaged during the shipping process;
- respond to questions designed to assist with diagnosing potential issues and follow the vendor's procedures for obtaining warranty service; and
- before submitting your Product for warranty service you should maintain a separate backup copy of the contents of its storage media, remove all personal information that you want to protect and disable all security passwords.
Following the Additional Warranty service, your Product will be returned to you as your Product was configured when originally purchased, subject to applicable updates. There may be new system software updates installed as part of warranty service that will prevent the Product from reverting to an earlier version of the system software. Third party applications installed on the Product may not be compatible or work with the Product as a result of the system software update. You will be responsible for reinstalling all other software programs, data and information. Recovery and reinstallation of other software programs, data and information are not covered under this Additional Warranty.
4A. Warranty Fee
You may be charged a warranty fee in accordance with Carousell’s prevailing warranty fees’ rules and charges, which can be found in this article and forms a part of these Terms. As at the date of this update, the warranty fees payable would depend on the warranty package purchased as follows (as of 28 November 2022):
Additional Warranty Package
6-month (i.e. 1 + 5 months)
12-month (i.e. 1 + 11 months)
24-month (i.e. 1 + 23 months)
You acknowledge and agree to the Fees and Payment terms as set out in Clause 6 of our Standard Terms of Servicereferenced herein by hyperlink, and forms a part of these Terms. All warranty fees and charges paid by you to us with respect to the Additional Warranty or otherwise for your access to and use of the Services, are non-refundable. For the avoidance of doubt, there will be no refunds of any warranty fees in the event that your Account is suspended or terminated due to a breach of these Terms.
You can read more about our Warranty Fee here.
- Limitation of Liability
EXCEPT AS PROVIDED IN THIS WARRANTY AND TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, CAROUSELL AND ITS VENDORS ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR DIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES RESULTING FROM ANY BREACH OF WARRANTY OR CONDITION, OR UNDER ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OF USE; LOSS OF REVENUE; LOSS OF ACTUAL OR ANTICIPATED PROFITS (INCLUDING LOSS OF PROFITS ON CONTRACTS); LOSS OF THE USE OF MONEY; LOSS OF ANTICIPATED SAVINGS; LOSS OF BUSINESS; LOSS OF OPPORTUNITY; LOSS OF GOODWILL; LOSS OF REPUTATION; LOSS OF, DAMAGE TO, COMPROMISE OR CORRUPTION OF DATA; OR ANY INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL LOSS OR DAMAGE HOWSOEVER CAUSED INCLUDING THE REPLACEMENT OF EQUIPMENT AND PROPERTY, ANY COSTS OF RECOVERING, PROGRAMMING, OR REPRODUCING ANY PROGRAM OR DATA STORED IN OR USED WITH THE PRODUCT OR ANY FAILURE TO MAINTAIN THE CONFIDENTIALITY OF INFORMATION STORED IN THE PRODUCT.
THE FOREGOING LIMITATION SHALL NOT APPLY TO DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY CLAIMS, OR ANY STATUTORY LIABILITY FOR INTENTIONAL AND GROSS NEGLIGENT ACTS AND/OR OMISSIONS. CAROUSELL AND ITS VENDORS DISCLAIMS ANY REPRESENTATION THAT IT WILL BE ABLE TO REPAIR ANY PRODUCT UNDER THIS WARRANTY WITHOUT RISK TO OR LOSS OF INFORMATION STORED ON THE PRODUCT.
THE BENEFITS CONFERRED BY THE ADDITIONAL WARRANTY ARE IN ADDITION TO ANY RIGHTS AND REMEDIES PROVIDED UNDER CONSUMER LAWS AND REGULATIONS. TO THE EXTENT THAT LIABILITY UNDER SUCH LAWS AND REGULATIONS MAY BE LIMITED, CAROUSELL AND VENDOR’S LIABILITY IS LIMITED, AT ITS OPTION, TO REPLACEMENT OR REPAIR OF THE COVERED EQUIPMENT OR TO REIMBURSE THE PRICE OF THE PRODUCT PAID BY THE BUYER.
Any dispute in relation to the Additional Warranty shall be raised to Carousell, and Carousell shall have the right to make the full and final determination of any dispute. All parties to the Additional Warranty agree and acknowledge that Carousell’s decision on all disputes shall be final and binding on all parties.
7.1. No third party reseller, agent, or employee is authorized to make any modification, extension, or addition to this Additional Warranty. If any term is held to be illegal or unenforceable, the legality or enforceability of the remaining terms shall not be affected or impaired. This Additional Warranty is governed by and construed under the laws of Singapore.
7.2. Except as provided herein, any failure by Carousell to exercise a right or require performance of an obligation in these Terms shall not affect Carousell’s ability to exercise such right or require such performance at any time thereafter nor shall the waiver of a breach of these Terms constitute a waiver of any subsequent breach.
7.3. A person who is not a party to this Agreement shall have no right to enforce any of these Terms.
7.4. You hereby agree that the laws of Singapore shall govern these Terms and that the courts of Singapore shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute arising out of or in connection with these Terms.
Last updated on 28 November 2022