[Malaysia] How do I claim warranty as a buyer for InstantBuy Mobile
I have made a purchase with InstantBuy Mobile but the device is defective. What should I do?
1. Check the order completion date and inform the buyer if the phone is still within the return or warranty period. If the warranty claim is still within 30 days from the delivery date, you may chat with your seller further in order to get the item repaired by walk-in to their store. The seller should bear the return, repair, and redelivery costs.
2. If the warranty claim is after 31 days from the delivered date, you may submit a ticket here by following this step:
- Go to Help Center > My transactions > Instantbuy > I'm a buyer > Warranty Claim
- Provide the order ID, reason of claim and estimated repair amount in the ticket
3. We will assess the claim and approve/reject the claim via email within 24 hours.
4. Once approved, we will update you via email.
What happens when Carousell rejects my warranty claim?
Claims may be rejected due to the following reason(s):
- The issue occurred within the first 30 days from the item delivery date. The warranty for the first 30 days for both hardware and software should be covered by the seller.
- The reason for your claim is not covered under the warranty terms. We do not accept claims from defects on consumable parts (e.g. batteries) or software, even if packaged, embedded in, or sold with the phone.
- The IMEI number did not tally with the original purchase invoice.
- The amount of repair has exceeded the cost of the phone. For such cases, we recommend you to do an exchange of the phone and resubmit the claim.
- The phone has exceeded the number of times that it can claim a warranty. Warranty can only be claimed twice for each phone and the total cost of subsequent repairs combined cannot exceed the cost of the phone.
- The warranty window has expired.
If your claim is rejected, you will need to inform and check with your seller if the seller would like to proceed with the repairs. You must acknowledge and agree that the repair cost will be borne by you should the seller proceed with the repairs.
For approved warranty claims, how will the payment be processed and how long will it take for the payment to be inside my account?
Once the warranty has been approved, the claims payments will be processed by our finance team in the 2nd and 4th week of every month. You may choose to receive the payment via bank account when the approval is given via email.
Is there a cap to how much I can claim from Carousell?
Warranty claims with Carousell can only be made twice for each device where the total cost of repairs combined does not exceed the price at which the buyer purchased. If the device cannot be repaired or the repair cost has exceeded the cap, we encourage you to do an exchange instead. Please resubmit your claim using the cost of the exchange.
What is covered under the warranty cover?
The first month of warranty that comes free if you purchase through Carousell covers all product defects, both hardware and software that are not due to external factors.* This warranty coverage will be provided by your seller.
For the subsequent months of warranty (based on your warranty duration purchased), the warranty would cover all defects except any consumable parts (e.g. batteries) or software, even if packaged, embedded in or sold with the device.
The warranty does not cover damage caused by the customer or any other persons or impact. This includes (and is not exhaustive of) damage caused by third party products, force, misuse, abuse, accident, water, or any external factors and ordinary wear and tear such as corrosion, rust or stains, scratches, dents on the casing or paintwork. The warranty is only valid for orders transacted on Carousell with Carousell Protection and for products where the serial number remains intact.