InstantBuy introduction and benefit for sellers
1. What is InstantBuy?
InstantBuy is an elevated shopping experience that features a collection of high-quality listings by trusted sellers on the marketplace. Buyers can have an ease of mind knowing that items in the collection are always available and ready-to-ship. They can trust that the items will get to them safely, conveniently and as described.
Carousell will step in the transaction if the buyer receives an item that is not as described and facilitate eligible returns back to the seller and refunds to the buyer.
2. What is the difference between listing an InstantBuy listing and a listing in the usual marketplace? What is the benefit of joining InstantBuy?
As an InstantBuy seller, your InstantBuy listings will be featured and promoted with more visibility.
- Have an InstantBuy badge
- Have a condition report
- Are eligible for returns facilitated by Carousell
- Can be filtered in search results by buyers
- Get promoted by Carousell’s marketing campaigns
Additionally, upon joining the program as an InstantBuy seller, you will be able to unlock the following features:
- 30 general quota + additional 1,970 listing quota for InstantBuy listings
- Profile Cover Photo
- Quick & Auto Reply
- 3 Custom Collections
Signing up, seller requirements and eligibility
4. I’m interested in being an InstantBuy Luxury seller, how do I join?
InstantBuy is an invite-only program. You may indicate your interest here: https://forms.gle/hSXJBqFCa9iE9DUi7. Our team will get in touch with you after reviewing your application.
5. What are the requirements to continue listing with InstantBuy?
Sellers are to provide a good experience for buyers:
- Excellent track record—positive reviews, verified account, very responsive
- Can ship items in a timely manner (within 5 days)
- Is able to honour returns if item sold is not true to description
- Mark listings as sold once they’re not available on the marketplace
Sellers who have minimum 30 listings that fulfil all of the following:
- Available and ready-to-ship items
- Luxury items: bags and wallets, watches, sneakers & footwear only
- High-quality listing photos
- Items have proof of authenticity either by in-house authenticators or softwares like Entrupy
Carousell has zero tolerance for counterfeit products. Any sale of counterfeit products will result in termination of the seller from this program, or even Carousell altogether, and will be reported to the relevant authorities.
Sellers who are not able to fulfil the requirements while on the program will be notified and may be removed from the program.
6. Must I be a registered business or have a physical shop to join this program?
No, all are welcome to apply as long you meet the minimum requirements!
7. Can I try it for a period of time before I decide to join the programme? How do I withdraw from the program?
If you decide to drop out of the program (though we hope you don’t!), let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll process the withdrawal in a month.
8. What is the onboarding process like?
- Signing up → We will check your current seller standing and get back to you if you are selected to be a part of this program
- Contract signing → Once your application is successful, you will be sent a form to acknowledge that you’ve understood the terms and conditions
- Listing → You will start seeing the new InstantBuy listing form. Start listing your items under InstantBuy or edit existing listings to move them to InstantBuy. As per the InstantBuy seller requirements, please remember to have at least 30 listings with InstantBuy!
- Start selling with InstantBuy!
Listing on the marketplace (InstantBuy vs regular listings)
9. Can I still sell my other items in the regular marketplace if I am an InstantBuy seller?
Yes! As an InstantBuy seller, you’ll see options on the listing form to list with or without InstantBuy.
For items not eligible to be listed as an InstantBuy listing (e.g items that do not fall under the Luxury category in the program), they can be listed in the regular marketplace and will not have the InstantBuy option. If you want to add more listings that do not fall under the InstantBuy program, you will need to purchase a separate Caroubiz plan if you exceed the 30 limit.
10. Do the 2,000 listings all have to be InstantBuy listings?
You may utilise your general quota of 30 active listings to list items that are not suitable for InstantBuy. Beyond those 30 active listings, all items should be listed with InstantBuy.
11. What items can I list with InstantBuy?
InstantBuy for Luxury category is currently only available in these subcategories:
- Luxury - Bags, Wallets, Watches, Sneakers & Footwear
This FAQ is for sellers invited to list with InstantBuy in the Luxury category only. If you’re accepted into the InstantBuy Luxury Seller Programme, you may list only with InstantBuy only in the Luxury category.
12. It may be difficult to get measurements for products that are in their packaging. Can measurements be optional?
Providing product measurements would give buyers a better idea of what they are about to purchase and this reduces the chances of return - less trouble for you! As such, it is a mandatory requirement for InstantBuy listings to have product measurements.
For items that cannot be measured due to it still being in its packaging, we recommend getting the measurements from the official website of the item you're selling!
13. Is there a membership, listing or subscription fee?
To ensure your success with us, there will be no listing fees or any hidden fees!
We will only charge you a commission fee after every successful transaction.
14. How much is the commission fee?
5% of the total sale, including shipping fee.
|Item sold||Total sale (inc. of shipping)||Commission fee (5%)||You earn|
|Chanel classic medium Fuchsia Pink in shw #19||
Gucci Marmont Mini
15. When is the transaction considered successful?
Once the buyer has received the item and no valid disputes are being raised by the buyer.
Payments & Shipping
16. How do payments work?
Buyers will make payment through Carousell (known as Carousell Protection) on your listing. They can pay on Carousell using the following payment methods: PayLah!, Debit and Credit Cards (Visa, Mastercard, American Express). Once payment is made, an order will be automatically created.
17. Must I use Carousell to accept payments? I am not sure how to use Carousell’s payment gateway.
Yes, this is part of the terms and conditions of the InstantBuy Seller Programme. All transactions should be made through Carousell regardless of the chosen delivery method (normal mail, tracked mail, meet-ups).
In order to enjoy the 7-day returns and guaranteed promises of InstantBuy listings, we require buyers to transact via Carousell. In the event of a dispute or Return Request raised, Carousell's dedicated support team will be able to reach out to the buyer and assist with the request. We will only be able to facilitate and absorb the return shipping costs for transactions made with Carousell Protection.
Of course, this also allows us to receive a small commission fee (from successful transactions only!) that helps fund operational and marketing costs—which in turn, go to helping sellers like you achieve greater success on InstantBuy.
If you need a step-by-step guide, check out the following links:
18. Who pays the shipping fee?
It's your choice! You can choose to add shipping fees to your listing or offer free shipping to your buyers.
If you choose to charge shipping fees, the price of your listing should not include the shipping fee. There is a separate field in the listing form for you to add the shipping fee.
19. What are the delivery methods available in InstantBuy?
The delivery methods that we have integrated into our listing form are:
- Same-day delivery (GrabExpress, Qxpress, etc)
- Express delivery (2-3 days - Ninja Van, J&T Express etc)
- Standard delivery (4-5 working days - Normal and registered mailing such as SingPost)
If you’re not using any of the above delivery methods (e.g self-delivery or meet-ups), you can choose the Custom courier option.
20. Can I do meetups instead?
Yes! But do note that payment should still go through Carousell.
As you'll only see mailing/delivery as an option when you list on InstantBuy, you can enable the $0 (free) custom courier delivery as an option if you are open to doing meetups.
21. What is the return policy like for InstantBuy?
Buyers have the option to return the item within 24 hours if the item received is not as described. For example, it is a different size as listed, or there are damages that were not mentioned before. If the item comes with the Carousell tag, the tag cannot be damaged otherwise the return is void.
Buyers also have the option to return the item within 7 days upon receiving the item if they have certified proof that the item is not authentic.
Upon a valid return, the buyer will be refunded 100% of the transaction price, and Carousell will absorb the shipping fees for the return. Sellers also do not have to pay the 5% commission fee for returns.
Commission fee (5%)
In the event of a return, the buyer will get $10,020 back, and the seller will receive the luxury watch back from the buyer.
What if my buyer just ‘didn’t like the item’?
Change of mind is not a valid reason to return an item. Only if the seller fails to disclose certain information about the item on the listing details, a return is valid.
What if the buyer has proof that the item is inauthentic?
Carousell holds a 7-day return (starting from the moment the buyer receives the item) for proof of inauthenticity.
In the example above, Carousell will refund $10,020 to the buyer and will also absorb the shipping costs. Also, the buyer will return the item to the seller.
If you're a new InstantBuy seller with an existing CarouBiz subscription plan and would like to cancel your previous subscription, you may refer to this guide.