InstantBuy introduction and benefit for sellers
Project ReMall is now named InstantBuy.
1. What is InstantBuy (aka Project ReMall)?
InstantBuy is an elevated shopping experience that features a collection of high-quality listings by trusted sellers on the marketplace. Buyers can have an ease of mind knowing that items in the collection are always available and ready-to-ship. They can trust that the items will get to them safely, conveniently and as described.
Carousell will step in the transaction if the buyer receives an item that is not as described and facilitate eligible returns back to the seller and refunds to the buyer.
2. What is the difference between listing an InstantBuy listing and a listing in the usual marketplace? What is the benefit of joining InstantBuy?
As an InstantBuy seller, your InstantBuy listings will be featured and promoted with more visibility.
- Have an InstantBuy badge
- Have a condition report
- Are eligible for returns facilitated by Carousell
- Will be prioritised in search results when buyers search on the marketplace
- Get additional visibility from Carousell’s marketing campaigns that promote InstantBuy listings
InstantBuy sellers will get:
- Complimentary access to Super CarouBiz* plan which includes:
- List up to 2,000 listings
- 100 video listings
- 30 custom collections
- Profile cover photo
- Premium seller badge
- Monthly business analytics
- Quick reply and auto reply features
*More about CarouBiz: https://college.carousell.com/caroubiz/
- Increased sales efficiency
- Improved order management tools
- Support team to handle your enquiries on priority
3. When is InstantBuy launching?
Really soon, in October!
Signing up, seller requirements and eligibility
4. I’m interested in being an InstantBuy Luxury seller, how do I join?
InstantBuy is an invite-only program. You may indicate your interest here: https://forms.gle/NMfSef7Mhm9bQTCj8. Our team will get in touch with you after reviewing your application.
5. What are the requirements to continue listing with InstantBuy?
Sellers are to provide a good experience for buyers:
- Excellent track record—positive reviews, verified account, very responsive
- Can ship items in a timely manner (within 5 days)
- Is able to honour returns if item sold is not true to description
- Mark listings as sold once they’re not available on the marketplace
Sellers who have minimum 30 listings that fulfil all of the following:
- Available and ready-to-ship items
- Luxury items: bags and wallets, and watches only
- High-quality listing photos
- Items have proof of authenticity either by in-house authenticators or softwares like Entrupy
Carousell has zero tolerance for counterfeit products. Any sale of counterfeit products will result in termination of the seller from this program, or even Carousell altogether, and will be reported to the relevant authorities.
Sellers who are not able to fulfil the requirements while on the program will be notified and may be removed from the program.
6. Must I be a registered business or have a physical shop to join this program?
No, all are welcome to apply as long you meet the minimum requirements!
7. Can I try it for a period of time before I decide to join the programme? How do I withdraw from the program?
If you decide to drop out of the program (though we hope you don’t!), let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll process the withdrawal in a month.
8. What is the onboarding process like?
- Signing up → We will check your current seller standing and get back to you if you are selected to be a part of this program
- Contract signing → Once your application is successful, you’re sent a form to acknowledge that you’ve understood the terms and conditions
- Listing → You will start seeing the new InstantBuy listing form. Start listing your items under InstantBuy or even edit existing listings to move them to InstantBuy. As per the InstantBuy seller requirements, please remember to have at least 30 listings with InstantBuy!
- Start selling → We will let you know once we officially launch InstantBuy (around October). Till then, buyers will still see your listings but they will look like regular listings until the InstantBuy badge is up!
Listing on the marketplace (InstantBuy vs regular listings)
9. Can I still sell my other items in the regular marketplace if I am an InstantBuy seller?
Yes! As a seller who provides InstantBuy for luxury items, you’ll see options on the listing form (in applicable categories) to list either as a regular listing or an InstantBuy listing. Not all of your listings need to be InstantBuy listings.
This means you can still sell on the regular marketplace, as long as it’s not the same item you’ve listed with InstantBuy. However, there should not be duplicate listings.
For items not eligible to be listed as an InstantBuy listing (e.g items that do not belong to the Luxury category), they can be listed in the regular marketplace and will not have the InstantBuy option.
If you wish to list other items that fall under other InstantBuy-approved categories such as Fashion and Certified Electronics, you can list them to the regular marketplace or apply to have the InstantBuy feature for that particular category via email@example.com.
10. Do the 2,000 listings all have to be InstantBuy listings?
Nope, these 2,000 listings (one of the perks of your Super CarouBiz plan) can include both InstantBuy and regular listings!
11. What items can I list with InstantBuy?
The InstantBuy option is currently only available in these categories:
- Luxury - Bags, Wallets, Watches
- Women’s Fashion (excluding footwear and accessories)
- Men’s Fashion (excluding footwear and accessories)
While we are working to expand InstantBuy into more categories in the future, listings that do not fall into the above categories will not have the InstantBuy feature.
This FAQ is for sellers invited to list with InstantBuy in the Luxury category only. If you’re accepted into the InstantBuy Luxury Seller Programme, you may list only in the Luxury category.
12. It may be difficult to get measurements for products that are in their packaging. Can measurements be optional?
Providing product measurements would give buyers a better idea of what they are about to purchase and this reduces the chances of return - less trouble for you! As such, it is a mandatory requirement for InstantBuy listings to have product measurements.
For items that cannot be measured due to it still being in its packaging, we recommend getting the measurements from the official website of the item you're selling!
13. Is there a membership, listing or subscription fee?
To ensure your success with us, there will be no membership fees, listing fees or subscription fees!
We will only charge you a commission fee after every successful transaction.
14. How much is the commission fee?
5% of the total sale, including shipping fee.
|Item sold||Total sale (inc. of shipping)||Commission fee (5%)||You earn|
|Chanel classic medium Fuchsia Pink in shw #19||
Gucci Marmont Mini
15. When is the transaction considered successful?
Once the buyer has received the item and no valid disputes are being raised by the buyer.
Payments & Shipping
16. How do payments work?
Buyers will place an order through Carousell Protection on your listing. Carousell Protection currently accepts the following payment methods: PayLah!, Debit and Credit Cards (Visa, Mastercard, American Express).
17. Must I use Carousell Protection? I am not sure how to use Carousell Protection.
Yes, all transactions must be made through Carousell’s payment gateway. This is to help us facilitate the transaction and any returns or refunds for you.
It’s easy to use, simply enable it on your listings and you’re good to go! Not to mention, you can get immediate commitment from the buyer.
If you need a step-by-step guide, check out the following links:
18. Who pays the shipping fee?
It's your choice! You can choose to add shipping fees to your listing or offer free shipping to your buyers.
If you choose to charge shipping fees, the price of your listing should not include the shipping fee. There will be a separate field in the listing form for you to add the shipping fee.
19. What are the delivery methods available in InstantBuy?
The delivery methods that we have integrated into our sell form are:
- Same-day delivery (GrabExpress, Qxpress, etc)
- Express delivery (2-3 days Ninja Van, J&T Express etc)
- Standard delivery (4-5 working days - Normal and registered mailing such as SingPost)
If you’re not using any of the above delivery methods (e.g self-delivery or meet-ups), you can choose the Custom courier option.
20. Can I do meetups instead?
Yes! But do note that payment should still go through Carousell Protection.
As you'll only see mailing/delivery as an option when you list on InstantBuy, you can enable the $0 (free) custom courier delivery as an option if you are open to doing meetups.
21. What is the return policy like for InstantBuy?
Buyers have the option to return the item within 24 hours if the item received is not as described. For example, it is a different size as listed, or there are damages that were not mentioned before. If the item comes with the Carousell tag, the tag cannot be damaged otherwise the return is void.
Buyers also have the option to return the item within 7 days upon receiving the item if they have certified proof that the item is not authentic.
Upon a valid return, the buyer will be refunded 100% of the transaction price, and Carousell will absorb the shipping fees involved in both the mailing and return. Sellers also do not have to pay the 5% commission fee for returns.
Commission fee (5%)
In the event of a return, the buyer will get $10,020 back, and the seller will receive the luxury watch back from the buyer.
What if my buyer just ‘didn’t like the item’?
Change of mind is not a valid reason to return an item. Only if the seller fails to disclose certain information about the item on the listing details, a return is valid.
What if the buyer has proof that the item is inauthentic?
Carousell holds a 7-day return (starting from the moment the buyer receives the item) for proof of inauthenticity.
In the example above, Carousell will refund $10,020 to the buyer and will also absorb the shipping costs. Also, the buyer will return the item to the seller.
22. If I'm already subscribed to CarouBiz, what happens to my existing CarouBiz plan?
You may cancel your existing CarouBiz subscription. Here are the steps to unsubscribe:
Important note: To successfully cancel your CarouBiz subscription, note that you'll have to unsubscribe via the same platform that you've subscribed to CarouBiz.
For example, if you subscribed to CarouBiz via your mobile device, you may cancel it via App/Play Store. If you subscribed to CarouBiz via Carousell web, cancel the subscription by going to your account on web.
For both iOS and Android, you can only cancel by going to the App Store (iOS) and Google Play Store (Android) subscriptions page. iOS and Android don’t currently allow for subscriptions to be cancelled within the Carousell app.
- Open the Settings app.
- Tap your name.
- Tap Subscriptions. (If you don't see "Subscriptions," tap "iTunes & App Store" instead. Then tap your Apple ID, tap View Apple ID, sign in, scroll down to Subscriptions, and tap Subscriptions.)
- Tap the subscription that you want to manage.
- Tap Cancel Subscription. If you don’t see Cancel Subscription, the subscription is already cancelled and won't renew.
You may also refer to Apple's support guide to cancel your subscription.
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google Play Store
- Check if you’re signed in to the correct Google Account
- Tap Menu Subscriptions
- Select the subscription you want to cancel
- Tap Cancel subscription
- Follow the instructions
You may also refer to Google Play's support guide for managing subscriptions.
- Go to your profile
- Tap CarouBiz on the menu
- Click Manage Subscriptions
- Select the subscription you want to cancel
- Tap Cancel subscription
When your existing subscription ends, you’ll be upgraded to Super CarouBiz plan and you will not need to pay for your subscription anymore.
As we do not process refunds for CarouBiz subscriptions (refunds are only done by Apple App Store / Google Play Store), there will be no refunds if you’re midway through the month’s subscription. However, once upgraded, you’ll immediately enjoy the perks of a Super CarouBiz plan!