What is a Certified phone?
Under our Certified Phones Program, we work with verified professional phone partners with at least 4.9/5 rating to provide phones that you can have full confidence in buying, by delivering on the following promises:
- Full Working Condition - All phones are switched on for testing of the Touch screen, Battery, Display, Cameras, Headphone jack, Speakers & microphones, Charging port, Wifi connectivity, and Bluetooth connectivity.
- Minimum 30-Day Warranty - All devices are certified by our professional partners to be fully functional and come with a 30-Day Warranty. This gives you the assurance of a quality product, and post-purchase service.
- Free Tracked Shipping - It’s convenient, fuss-free, and safe! Receive your item in 3 working days.
- 7-Day Exchange - If you change your mind, you may exchange the device as long as the item is returned in its original condition and packaging.
Find out more by asking your questions with the ‘Ask Seller’ button at the bottom of the item! Our partners will respond to you as soon as possible. Learn more about our 5-step Certification process and condition rating for Certified phones.
How does the 30-Day Warranty work?
All devices in our Certified Phones Program have been professionally inspected and certified by our partners and come with a 30-Day warranty that covers all product defects, for both hardware and software. The warranty does not cover damages caused by the customer or any other persons or impact. This includes (and is not exhaustive of) damage caused by force, water or any external factors. Certified devices may come with additional manufacturer warranty.
If the item cannot be repaired or replaced with the same model, you can exchange for an electronic device of the same or lower value or top up the difference for a device of a higher value with our partner. If the same model is not available, you can get a refund from our partner.
Carousell offers this warranty only for orders transacted on Carousell with Carousell Protection. To claim warranty, you need to chat with the seller and go down to their shop within the 30-Day Warranty period. Learn more about warranty and exchange.
How does the 7-Day Exchange work?
To be eligible for an exchange, your item must be unused and in the same condition and packaging as you received it.
If you change your mind, you can exchange for a mobile phone of the same or lower value or top up the difference for a device of a higher value. No cash refund will be provided. If it is a functionality issue, it’ll be covered by the 30-Day Warranty.
Carousell offers this exchange only for orders transacted on Carousell with Carousell Protection. If for any reason you are not satisfied with your device, you need to chat with the seller and go down to their shop within the 7-Day Exchange period. You can then either exchange for the same device with the same condition or top-up and purchase another used phone of a higher value.
Learn more about warranty and exchange.
Can I chat with the seller to find out more about the item?
Our professional phone partners have committed to posting the most relevant photos and accurate descriptions of the item for you to understand the condition of the item. To help our sellers and provide more transparency to all buyers, you can ask questions at the ‘Ask about the product’ section at the bottom of the item. All questions and responses are public. Our phone partners will respond to you as soon as possible.
How will I receive my item?
There are 2 ways you can choose to pay and receive your item.
- Free tracked shipping, paid through Carousell Protection
Upon receiving your order, our partner will prepare your item and deliver it to you via tracked shipping in 3 working days for free.
Payment to be made through the app, at point of ordering.
- Same-day delivery, paid through Carousell Protection
Upon receiving your order, our partner will prepare your item and deliver it to you within the day, at a fee. Our partner will liaise directly with you.
Payment to be made through the app, at the point of ordering.
Self-collection is currently unavailable.
How do I buy and make payment?
All you have to do is to tap the ‘Buy Now’ button on the item you’ve chosen. You’ll be led to the payment page for you to pay securely via Carousell Protection using DBS PayLah! (capped at $2000) or credit cards. You will not need to pay any transaction fees for transactions in the Certified Phones Program.
To increase your DBS PayLah! wallet limit:
- Log in to DBS PayLah!
- Select ‘More’ on the bottom right and select ‘Manage Wallet’.
- Select ‘Wallet Limit’ and enter your DBS/POSB digibank User ID and PIN, and select ‘Submit’.
- Enter the 6-digit SMS One-Time-Password into DBS PayLah! and tap Done.
- Select the Preferred Limit you wish to set for your PayLah! Wallet.
- Tap Update to change your PayLah! Wallet Limit.
How do I join this program as a seller?
As this is a new pilot program, we have handpicked our partners who have committed to adhere to the standards of the program and have a minimum 4.9/5 rating on Carousell. If you have a physical store with a steady supply of used phones and are interested in being a partner in this program, let us know.
- Carousell is not responsible for and does not participate, operate and/or control the products and/or services offered by our electronic partners.
- The electronic partners may have their own terms and conditions to which you must agree to before you are entitled to the 30-Day Warranty, 7-Day Exchange and/or the processing of your enquiry (as the case may be). Carousell is not responsible for information provided by you to any electronic partner and any information provided by any electronic partner to you.
- Carousell and each electronic partner are independent contractors and neither party has authority to make any representations or commitments on behalf of the other.
- Under no circumstances shall Carousell be liable for any damages arising from the transactions between you and any electronic partner or any information provided to you by the electronic partner. In the event of any disputes, you are encouraged to contact that phone partner to resolve the situation amicably. If the dispute is notified to Carousell, Carousell will attempt in good faith to facilitate resolution of the dispute but is under no obligation to resolve the same. You release Carousell from any claims, demands and damage arising out of your disputes with any electronic partner.
If you need further assistance, chat with us via the floating chat button at the bottom right of this page! We're available on live chat from 10AM–6PM on Mondays to Fridays.