With InstantBuy, you can now buy secondhand devices with confidence. We work with verified professional partners with at least 4.9/5 rating to provide phones and tablets that you can have full confidence in buying, by delivering on the following promises:
- Full working condition - All phones and tablets are switched on for testing of the Touch screen, Battery, Display, Cameras, Headphone jack, Speakers & microphones, Charging port, Wifi connectivity, and Bluetooth connectivity.
- 6-month warranty - All devices are certified by our professional partners to be fully functional and come with a 6-month warranty(with effect from 6 Dec 2021). This gives you the assurance of a quality product, and post-purchase service.
- Free tracked shipping - It’s convenient, fuss-free, and safe! Receive your item in 2 working days.
- 7-day returns - If you change your mind, you may exchange the device as long as the item is returned in its original condition and packaging. If the item is not as described, you may return and get a refund!
How does the 6-month warranty work?
All devices with InstantBuy have been professionally inspected and certified by our partners and come with a 6-month warranty that covers all product defects.
The 6-month warranty covers all hardware product defects for the first 30 days. For the next 5 months, the warranty would cover all defects except any consumable parts (e.g. batteries), even if packaged, embedded in, or sold with the device.
The 6-month warranty does not cover damage caused by the customer or any other persons or impact. This includes (and is not exhaustive of) damage caused by third party products, force, misuse, abuse, accident, water, or any external factors and ordinary wear and tear such as corrosion, rust or stains, scratches, dents on the casing or paintwork. Devices with InstantBuy may come with an additional manufacturer warranty.
If the item cannot be repaired or replaced with the same model within the first 30-day warranty period, you can exchange for an electronic device of the same or lower value or top up the difference for a device of a higher value with our partner. If the same model is not available, you can get a refund from our partner.
Carousell offers this warranty only for orders transacted on Carousell with Carousell Protection. To claim a warranty, you need to chat with the seller and go down to their shop within the 6-month warranty period. Learn more about warranty and return.
How does the 7-day returns work?
To be eligible for a return, your item must be unused and in the same condition and packaging as you received it. Returns will only be accepted when the item is not as described and/or damaged.
If you change your mind, you can exchange for a device of the same or lower value or top up the difference for a device of a higher value. No cash refund will be provided. If it is a functionality issue, it’ll be covered by the 6-month warranty.
Carousell offers this return/ exchange only for orders transacted on Carousell with Carousell Protection. If your return is accepted by the seller, you would get a refund. Learn more about warranty and return.
What is the Carousell warranty fee for phones and tablets with InstantBuy?
All devices with InstantBuy have undergone a 5-step certification to provide you with trusted quality phones and tablets, guaranteed to be in full working condition. Still, it’s good to know that when you purchase a device with InstantBuy, the product comes with a comprehensive 6-month warranty coverage to give you peace of mind.
To be able to provide that, we charge a small warranty fee to buyers at $14.90 (as of 6 Dec 2021). On the rare occasion that something happens, rest assured we'll take care of it.
We accept PayNow(via Desktop web), DBS PayLah!, Singapore, and international Visa/Master/American Express debit and credit cards. The Carousell Warranty fee is made visible on the payment summary page before you make your purchase.
How will I receive my item?
There are 3 ways you can choose to receive your item when you pay through Carousell Protection.
- Same-day delivery - Tracked shipping within the day, at a fee.
- Express delivery - Tracked shipping in 2 working days upon order confirmation.
- Custom Courier - Meetup or other methods of delivery may be offered by the seller
How do I buy and make payment?
All you have to do is to tap the ‘Buy’ button on the item you’ve chosen. You’ll be led to the payment page for you to pay securely via Carousell Protection using Paynow*, DBS PayLah! (capped at $2000) or credit cards. You will not need to pay any transaction fees when you purchase with InstantBuy.
*PayNow is currently only available via Desktop web.
To increase your DBS PayLah! wallet limit:
- Log in to DBS PayLah!
- Select ‘More’ on the bottom right and select ‘Manage Wallet’.
- Select ‘Wallet Limit’ and enter your DBS/POSB digibank User ID and PIN, and select ‘Submit’.
- Enter the 6-digit SMS One-Time-Password into DBS PayLah! and tap Done.
- Select the Preferred Limit you wish to set for your PayLah! Wallet.
- Tap Update to change your PayLah! Wallet Limit.
How do I list with InstantBuy as a seller?
We have handpicked our partners who have committed to adhere to the standards and have a minimum 4.9/5 rating on Carousell. If you have a physical store with a steady supply of used phones and/or tablets, and are interested in being a partner, let us know.
- Carousell is not responsible for and does not participate, operate and/or control the products and/or services offered by our electronic partners.
- The electronic partners may have their own terms and conditions to which you must agree to before you are entitled to the 6-month warranty, 7-day returns and/or the processing of your enquiry (as the case may be). Carousell is not responsible for information provided by you to any electronic partner and any information provided by any electronic partner to you.
- Carousell and each electronic partner are independent contractors and neither party has authority to make any representations or commitments on behalf of the other.
- Under no circumstances shall Carousell be liable for any damages arising from the transactions between you and any electronic partner or any information provided to you by the electronic partner. In the event of any disputes, you are encouraged to contact that electronic partner to resolve the situation amicably. If the dispute is notified to Carousell, Carousell will attempt in good faith to facilitate resolution of the dispute but is under no obligation to resolve the same. You release Carousell from any claims, demands and damage arising out of your disputes with any electronic partner.
If you need further assistance, chat with us! Live chat is available from 10AM–9PM on Monday to Sunday for users in Hong Kong, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore and Taiwan. Select the floating chat button at the bottom right-hand corner of this page to start chatting with us. Alternatively, we invite you to submit a request to us—we'll be here to help!