Transaction fee is a handling fee on all successful transactions done on Carousell via "Cash on delivery/Pay at Pickup". It only applies to successful "Cash on delivery/Pay at Pickup" orders after 17 May 2022 14:00 (UTC+8). Transaction fee is 1.5% of the total payment of an order.
About Transaction Fee
- The transaction fee is to be borne by sellers. It will apply only for successful orders, after the item has been picked up by the buyer. The fee will be deducted from the transacted amount in the seller's wallet directly (rounded to the nearest dollar). It is calculated as: Transaction fee = 1.5% x Selling price of the item
- The transaction fee of a single order will be capped at $300.
- The maximum price of an item for 7-ELEVEN orders is $20,000.
- Selling Price = Original Price - Discount(s) that may have been offered by the seller.
- Delivery Fee is not included towards calculating the Transaction Fee. If the item is offered with free or discounted delivery fee, the transaction fee is still calculated by its selling price. E.g. An item transacted price: $360 (Selling price $300 + Delivery Fee $60), the transaction fee will be calculated by $300, delivery fee does not count towards the transaction fee.
- Item's transacted price will reference Carousell's system record. If it is proven the actual transacted price is higher than Carousell’s system record, the transaction fee will be calculated by the actual transacted price.
- Listing A with original price at $600, selling price of $500, delivery fee is $60. The Transaction fee is $500 x 1.5% = $8 ($7.5 rounds up to $8).
- Merged order of listing A + listing B, with a subtotal price of $3,500, delivery fee is $60. The Transaction fee is $3,500 x 1.5% = $53 ($52.5 rounds up to $53)
- Listing C with a price of $70, delivery fee is $49. The Transaction fee is $70 x 1.5% = NT$1 ($1.05 rounds down to $1).
- Listing D with a price of $45, delivery fee is $49. The Transaction fee is $45 x 1.5% = $1 ($0.675 rounds up to $1).
- Listing E with a price of $20, delivery fee is $60. The Transaction fee is $20 x 1.5% = $0 ($0.3 rounds down to $0).
Details of the Transaction Fee
How do I check Transaction Fee?
- Me > Wallet > Recent Transaction History (available on Carousell App)
- Chat of sold listing
Sellers will not be charged a transaction fee if:
- The parcel failed to be picked up by the buyer and has been returned to the sender.
- The order is cancelled by seller or buyer before parcel is delivered.
- The transaction is transacted through meet-up or other delivery methods.
* All 7-ELEVEN orders except the above 3 scenarios, will be charged a transaction fee.