Fret not! If your payment for a Carousell Protection deal did not go through, you won't be charged for the transaction.
If your payment failures continue to occur, check the following:
- Ensure that you have updated to the Carousell app to the latest version.
- If you made payment using a debit/credit card, make sure your card supports one-time password (OTP) for online transactions.
- When making the purchase, don’t close the app and make sure you have a stable internet connection.
- Try to buy the item again an hour later—temporary glitches could sometimes cause the payment issue.
- Double-check that the card information you’re entering is correct (Card number; Name as it appears on the card; Card expiry date, CVC/CVV number, Billing address, etc.)
- Contact your bank or card issuer to check:
- Do you have enough available funds in your account?
- Are there any holds/additional security restrictions on the account?
- Have any limits been reached (purchases per day, the amount spent per day)?
- You may be trying to use an unsupported card. We currently accept Visa, Mastercard and American Express.
If the issue still persists despite trying the above steps, contact our team for assistance.