Beware of fake Carousell Protection payment. As a seller, you would never need to leave the app, send your email address or mobile number to receive payment. If you're being asked to enter your credit/debit card details to receive payment, do not proceed and report the user to us immediately.
Read more about Phishing scams here.
Fret not! If your payment for a Carousell Protection deal did not go through, you won't be charged for the transactions.
If your payment failures continue to occur, check the following:
- Ensure that you have updated to the Carousell app to the latest version.
- If you made payment using a debit/credit card, make sure your card supports one-time password (OTP) for online transactions.
- When making the purchase, don’t close the app and make sure you have a stable internet connection.
- Try to buy the item again an hour later—temporary glitches could sometimes cause the payment issue.
- Double-check that the card information you’re entering is correct (Card number; Name as it appears on the card; Card expiry date, CVC/CVV number, Billing address, etc.)
- Contact your bank or card issuer to check:
- Do you have enough available funds in your account?
- Are there any holds/additional security restrictions on the account?
- Have any limits been reached (purchases per day, the amount spent per day)?
- You may be trying to use an unsupported card. We currently accept Visa, Mastercard and American Express.
- Your transaction subtotal exceeds S$20,000
If the issue still persists despite trying the above steps, contact our team for assistance.