In case any of you are wondering where CarouPay went, don't worry - it's still here, just with a new name and some improvements to the experience!
1. Why the new name?
When we first launched our payments system, you voted to have it named CarouPay, and so we did! Fast forward to more than a year later, we see that more users than ever enjoy using CarouPay to have a more secure shopping experience on Carousell.
Thanks to your feedback and suggestions, we have also been working to improve and tweak CarouPay to make it an easier and more convenient user experience for you. With all the changes and feedback, we thought this would be a great opportunity for a refreshed (re)start, to keep the name focused on what you have shared with us is the most important value you look for in a payments system: Protection.
2. What improvements can I look forward to?
✅ Improved listing experience: easier to list and enable Protection for your buyers
✅Transfer faster than ever: Receive your earnings as fast as 2 minutes once the buyer has confirmed receipt, while sellers are no longer required to submit ID number or photo
✅ Intuitive guidance to aid both buyer and seller experience
✅ American Express and International Cards now accepted on Carousell Protection
3. Tell me more about Carousell Protection again.
Carousell Protection is our secure in-app payment feature that allows buyer and seller to make payment and complete the deal on Carousell, through credit/debit card or DBS PayLah!.
- Payment held by Carousell until both buyer and seller are satisfied with the transaction.
- Buyers and sellers are given a platform to raise and resolve issues with their order in the Carousell app. Sellers can offer an exchange or a refund for buyers to accept in order to resolve the issue.
- We will back you up. If the issue is not resolved within 7 days, Carousell will step in to help buyer and seller.
Have any suggestions or feedback to further improve Carousell Protection? Let us know!