We are introducing a new payment option for selected sellers - Grab PayLater! This is a pilot program that we are launching for a selected group of sellers in Certified (SG). Buyers will be able to opt to pay by Grab PayLater for items listed by these merchants.
Note that as this is a pilot program, and payment will not be made via the ‘Buy’ button. To pay by Grab PayLater, you will be required to head down to the seller’s physical store to proceed with the transaction.
How does it work? Do I make payment through Carousell?
Please note that payment will not be made through the Carousell app
Selected sellers will indicate that they offer Grab PayLater by indicating this in one of their listing images. To buy using Grab PayLater:
- Chat with the seller through the chat button found in the FAQ section at the bottom of the listing
- Through chat, inform the seller that you want to pay via Grab PayLater. From there, the seller will arrange for you to visit their physical store. Please ensure to only visit the store during your allocated appointment time.
At the store, the seller will provide you with a Grab PayLater QR code to make payment. Once payment has been made successfully, you’ll be handed the item on the spot!
How do I sign up for Grab PayLater?
Grab PayLater can be activated from your Grab app via the Finance tab. More details can be found here.
Is there a transaction limit for Grab PayLater?
Your Grab PayLater transaction limit is set by Grab based on your payment risk score. Grab may increase or decrease your transaction limit depending on the information submitted by you to them. Find out more here.
Why did my Grab PayLater payment fail?
Your payment may fail due to the following reasons:
- You have exceeded the payment transaction limit set by Grab
- You have outstanding payments owed to Grab
- You have exceeded your PayLater spending limit set by Grab
- A payment risk was detected by Grab
Find out more by logging into your Grab account here.
Can I receive GrabRewards points? Can I use my existing GrabRewards points to make payment?
Yes, you can receive GrabRewards points from a successful transaction. Existing GrabRewards points can be used to offset the payment for the item when you pay via the Grab app.