What is Carousell's Authentication Service?
Carousell is dedicated to creating a secure and trustworthy marketplace for our users. To instill confidence in buying secondhand, we now offer an Authentication Service for luxury Bags and Wallets listed on Carousell Marketplace, to give you greater confidence in your purchase.
The Authentication Service will be provided by our authentication partner, and will exclude products listed in ‘Certified Luxury’ as the listings part of the Certified (Bags & Wallets) program would have already undergone rigorous inspection and verification by Carousell Certified Partners.
The Authentication Service is performed independently by our authentication partner and is not sponsored, endorsed by or affiliated with any of the brand owners.
How does Carousell's Authentication Service work?
Here's how it works:
- When you find something on the Carousell Marketplace that you like*, inform the seller you would like to get it authenticated with Carousell’s Authentication Service. Arrange with the seller to bring the item to the following address:
79 Ayer Rajah Crescent, Singapore 139955
Monday - Friday, 10am - 6pm
*Note: Limited to the list of Brands that we authenticate
- Book an appointment via this link: https://calendly.com/carousell-luxury-authentication/authentication-service
- Meet the authentication experts: Upon arriving at our office, Carousell’s authentication partner will be on hand to assist you. These experts are well-versed in the authentication of luxury products and have the knowledge and tools required to carry out the authentication process.
- Carousell’s authentication partner will proceed with the authentication of the item: Carousell’s authentication partner will carefully examine the item to check if it matches the description provided by your seller and to verify if the item passes its rigorous inspection process. This includes scrutinizing details such as brand logos, serial numbers, materials, and other key features.
- A Carousell Certified Card will be provided: Once the item has been thoroughly inspected and has passed the authentication partner’s verification checks, a Carousell Certified Card will be provided to you. This card serves as proof that the item has been authenticated by Carousell's experts.
- Where the item passes the authentication process, you may proceed to purchase the item. In the event that the item is deemed by the authentication partner to be inauthentic, you may choose to reject the item.
Why use Carousell's Authentication Service?
By choosing to use our Authentication Service, you gain peace of mind when purchasing luxury items on our platform. We understand that when buying high-end products, trust and authenticity are paramount. Our service ensures that you receive authenticated luxury items, making your Carousell shopping experience even more secure.
How much does Carousell's Authentication Service cost?
Carousell's Authentication Service has a standard fee of S$50, which includes GST. This fee is applicable to all luxury brands set out below.
Please note that the authentication service fee will be chargeable regardless of the results of the verification process.
Is Carousell's Authentication Service available for all luxury products?
Currently, Carousell’s Authentication Service is primarily designed for luxury Bags and Wallets products under the following brands:
- Bottega Veneta
- Christian Dior
- Louis Vuitton
- Miu Miu
- Yves Saint Laurent
However, we are continuously expanding our offerings, so keep an eye out for updates and additional brands and categories in the future.
Consider Certified Luxury for Peace of Mind
If you ever have doubts about the authenticity of products on the Carousell Marketplace, we recommend considering bags & wallets from our "Certified Luxury" collection all products in Certified Luxury have been authenticated by Carousell Certified Partners, providing an extra layer of assurance for your purchases.
What if I’ve made the purchase already and the item did not pass the authentication process? Will Carousell be able to assist with a refund of the purchase price?
Carousell will only be able to mediate and where possible, assist the parties in the resolution of the dispute. We therefore strongly encourage buyers to only make payment after having the item authenticated through Carousell’s Authentication Service.
How will Carousell’s authentication partner authenticate the item?
Carousell's Authentication Service, is powered by Carousell’s authentication partner with extensive experience in examining luxury leather goods. These experts have undergone years of training and employ a comprehensive 14-step process to meticulously inspect items, ensuring that every detail aligns with the authentication partner’s high standards. In addition to visual inspection, the experts are also required to consider additional data points such as the smell, weight, and texture of the leather; this allows the authentication partner to provide a more holistic and detailed assessment.
How long will the whole process take?
The duration of the authentication process typically ranges from 15 to 20 minutes for most items. However, in rare instances, the authentication process might extend to approximately 30 minutes.
For Chanel products, which often exhibit a higher level of complexity, the authentication process may require up to 24 hours.
In cases where authentication takes longer than 30 minutes, the seller shall bring back the item and a detailed report will be sent to both the buyer and seller within 48 hours afterward.
What happens if I have doubts about the authentication checks outcome?
We recognise that no authentication process is completely foolproof and if you suspect that there may be an instance where the assessment as to authenticity was inaccurate. Please contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org. Carousell may contact you for further details regarding this incident.