- Sell responsibly - Describe your items as they are, be truthful about it. Your buyers will be relying on the information you have provided to help them in their purchase decisions.
- Read user feedback - You can read through detailed feedback that a buyer received by going to their profile. This is where other community members, including sellers like yourself, share their experiences dealing with the user.
- State your policies clearly - Every deal on Carousell is considered a private agreement between you and the buyer. If you have any policies regarding negotiations, refunds or exchanges, be sure that they are communicated to and acknowledged by your buyer prior to their commitment and carrying out of the deal.
- Secure an agreement by accepting an offer - This, following a buyer's making of an offer, is Carousell's way of a firm handshake to show both parties are committed to the deal. This is because both parties would be able to exchange feedback thereafter.
The right time to make to do this would be when all aspects of the transaction have been negotiated and agreed on, such as price and delivery method, day & time etc.
- Use the feedback system – Leaving reviews for one another is one of the best ways we can help each other; praise Carousellers that have been good to you, let them know if things can be improved next time. The more we know about our community (and ourselves), the better it is for everyone!
- Opt for meet-ups to deliver your items securely – In unexpected circumstances, parcels may become damaged during delivery, arriving in a state different from when you've posted it. A perk of opting for meet-ups is so you have the assurance your item will reach the buyer in good condition. It's also a fun way to meet new people with similar interests and hobbies!
- Suggest tracked parcels - Tracked deliveries provides you assurance about your parcel's location. They are also mostly insured by the delivery company in the rare event that it goes missing, so don't take chances especially if you're selling high valued items!
- Wait to receive payment before mailing out items - Always make ensure that payment has actually reached you successfully before you proceed to dispatch the item.
Even if the buyer has provided you with a transaction receipt, it is the best practice to check your bank transaction history to ensure that the money has already been credited to you.
- Report an issue – If you have encountered an issue with a sale or swap that you made, contact our team immediately so that we can help you out.
Share more details with us here and we'll be in touch with you shortly.