Important note before deactivating your Carousell account
- Your listings will be deleted
- Your followers (and follower count) will be removed and cannot be restored
- Once your account has been deactivated, you will not be able to sign up for a new account using the same email address and username.
If you're agreeable to the terms above, follow the steps outlined here to proceed with account deactivation.
- Log in to Carousell using the account you would like to deactivate.
- Go to your profile
- Go to Settings
- Select 'Deactivate Account'
The deactivation link would be available after 7 days of inactivity (i.e. no offers and chat messages). Complete all pending transactions and delete all active listings to ensure that your account remains inactive for the full 7 days.
Thereafter, if your account is eligible for immediate deactivation, tap on the deactivation option and you’ll receive an email shortly.
Follow the steps outlined in the email and your account will then be successfully deactivated.
If you are looking to deactivate your account on Carousell web, this functionality is currently limited to the Carousell App (Android or iOS devices) only. If you're a web user, please submit your account deactivation request here.
If you have any feedback at all on how we may further improve our platform, feel free to let us know!
To reactivate your account,
- Log in to the Carousell app
- You'll see a pop-up asking if you'd like to reactivate your account. Tap on 'Reactivate' and you'll be logged in immediately. Welcome back!
You may reach out to us if you’d like to retrieve your listings. Followers (and follower count) cannot be restored to your account.
If you don't see the 'Reactivate' button, let us know and we'll be here to help.
*Some icon arrangements may differ on mobile browser view