Check out this article to see if your Carousell Notification Settings have been set right.
Once that is done and you're still not receiving Push Notifications:
Check your Phone's Data Usage settings
- Open device Settings
- Go to Data usage
- Open Carousell data usage
- Check that restrict background data option is unchecked
- Repeat the above steps for Google Services
- Also, ensure restrict background data is unchecked in Data usage > Menu Button.
Check your Phone's Power Saving Mode
By turning on Power Saving Mode, your phone will restrict all background data which may affect the notifications you receive.
Owning multiple Carousell accounts may also interfere with the Push Notifications you receive on your phone
To refresh the Push Notification token for the account you'd like to receive notifications for:
- Log out of your current session
- Force-quit the app through applications manager
- Relaunch app
- Login to the account
(For Huawei and Xiaomi devices)
Ensure that you add Carousell to the list of allowed apps on your Huawei or Xiaomi's security settings.
To perform this on Huawei:
- Go to your Phone Manager App
- Select "Protected Apps"
- Add Carousell to the list
To perform this on Xiaomi:
- Go to "Services"
- Select "Security"
- Select "Permissions"
- Select "Autostart"
- Locate Carousell in the list and enable autostart